Looking for dinner ideas in Galvaston!

OMargie

We'll be needing a good place to eat in Galvaston for Friday night 1/20/06 before sailing out on the GP the next day. We are staying at Wyndham Tremont House Hotel on Ships Mechanic Row. We will be with another couple so right now no real preferences whether it's seafood, steak, or whatever. Just looking for advice from those who have found some good places.

Thanks,

Margie

I would suggest Gaido's Seafood at Seawall and 37th St (There is a giant blue crab on the roof). The seafood is always fresh... lobster bisque is wonderful.. with an ocean view. It can be a lil pricey but you get big portions and wont leave hungry... Desserts are great too. I have heard Landry's is really good but I havent been able to try it yet. Have fun on your cruise! I just got back from the Grand.. :)

Just back from the Grand this past week. We ate dinner at Fisherman's Wharf in the Strand district. It is right on the water and the food was EXCELLENT. I would definately reccomend it!

Have fun!

Willie G's was disappointing and way too much like all the other Landry's operations - decent, but not that great an experience, and designed more to move 'em in and move 'em out for the next batch. The fellow in the office next to me is from Galveston and his recommendation is Guido's.

One more thought on the dinner. I highly recommend Gaidos/Caseys on the seawall. Go to the Caseys side. It's the same restaurant and the same kitchen, but the Gaidos side is a little more dressy and is more expensive. I don't know why since it is the same food/kitchen. They have the best apple pie next to Chops on the Radiance that I have ever eaten. After dinner we like to walk along the beach and then you can go shopping on the Strand. We did that in November and it was great. Hopefully the weather will accommodate. Have a great cruise.

Sherry

We ate at Joe's Crab Shack at 20th and Harborside, less than a mile from the cruise terminal. It's small and quaint with a lot of interesting "items" mounted on the walls. We had lunch there and it was frequented by a lot of locals. The food, mostly seafood and pasta, was good and reasonably priced. I believe they have a happy hour in the early evening.

We ate at Joe's Crab Shack at 20th and Harborside, less than a mile from the cruise terminal. It's small and quaint with a lot of interesting "items" mounted on the walls. We had lunch there and it was frequented by a lot of locals. The food, mostly seafood and pasta, was good and reasonably priced. I believe they have a happy hour in the early evening.

I'll second Joe's. We can't stand "cookie cutter franchise" seafood places, but tried Joe's because we were staying nearby. Best shrimp we have ever had in a restaurant (dh cooks the best shrimp :) ).

It depends on what you want. Yamato's is a great sushi and hibachi japanese restaurant on 63rd. Salsa's on the seawall has wonderful mexican food and margaritas. Bella's is authentic italian. Michealburger has german fare and hamburgers and hot dogs. Salt Water Grill across from the opera house has unique and spectacular seafood dishes. So take your pick

Archived