NYC taxi or uber?

Shynook11

We paid $14 for a cab from Manhattan port to our Times Square hotel on May 3rd. Port staff were not allowing Uber drivers to stop in the taxi line, several passengers were wandering looking for their rides (Uber or friends)

sorry should have read more carefully - didn't read that you wanted from La Guardia to Times Square - we did opposite ride for about $35 on May 8. Traffic around Times Square was AWFUL

Uber will likely be cheaper from LGA.

Taxis out of LGA are metered versus a flat fare for JFK.

I live in NYC and have found Uber / Lyft to be cheaper than a taxi especially if LGA is the airport in question. Check prices on both apps before calling one! I'd ballpark $50 from airport to Times Square.

You can take public transport for about $8-$10 per person. You take a bus to the subway, and the subway to Times Square. Google LaGuardia airport transfers. Btw, you can also do this from jfk. Air train from jfk to the subway, subway into Manhattan. I’m frugal, so I enjoy the big savings. Plan for about an hour trip. I only travel with a backpack, though. If you have more than one suitcase it might be too much of a bother.

Sent from my iPad using Forums