Alaska Cruise Suggestions

mariemorgan

I'm so jealous of you all that are able to cruise this year. We just came back from the Rhapsody and I'm already ready to go again, but funds and vacation time do not allow me to go again so soon. I guess that just makes the anticipation and planning much better. Please keep me updated on how your cruises went. Also I was looking at Princess website and was looking at the different cabin options, I noticed that hte balcony cabins do not have couches in them or allow for a third person, so we would have to get a mini-suite and i'm not sure we can afford that. *sigh*

Which ship do you mean? Many ships have balcony cabins that will fit three or four people. They do it by having beds drop from the ceiling instead of the couch folding out.

I agree with that overall, but I found the Alaska board to be the exception and to be very helpful. The suggestion to visit the Alaska board was made simply to make you aware of the board, not to say you should not post AK questions here, but to say there is another source. It was simply a friendly helpful hint and I hope there are no hard feelings. :)

I know you meant well, Gloria. And you did give out some useful info at the same time. :) Much better than just saying go to the Alaska board.

I know you meant well, Gloria. And you did give out some useful info at the same time. :) Much better than just saying go to the Alaska board.

Specific questions seem to get a much better response over on the Alaska Board, too. I think that some of that is because it is so active. Also, the land tour options also get covered well on on the Alaska board. Many of the issues that have just been touched on in this thread would actually be large threads of their own -- because there are so many options.

I've cruised Alaska twice -- roundtrip Vancouver in 98 on RCL and Whittier-Vancouver last year on Princess. Both sailings included Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway.

Plus there are just so many options for shore excursions (with a wide range of matching pricetags!), that it really helps to pinpoint your interests then begin to ask questions. Port tourism sites and cruise reviews posted on CC are great ways to begin to develop an individual interest list.

If you are interested, here is a link to my review of my land/cruisetour last June. ====> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=199141.

Archived