Cruise Next vouchers about to expire

8. All CruiseNext Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture CruiseNext Deposit.

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

Some have reported calling and getting extensions.

8. All CruiseNext Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture CruiseNext Deposit.

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

Some have reported calling and getting extensions.

Thank you, I did search for that link but couldn't find it.

Thanks all! Looks like I'm SOOL.....

• 2 months later...
I think it's a little late. I'm waiting to see if they will give me an extension.:confused:

Did you have any luck getting an extension approved? I'm in the same situation and just assumed it was too late for me to sell or get an extension.

Thanks!

Cruise Next certs have to be used on a cruise that completes before the expiration date (4 years from date of purchase). NCL will extend them one time for one year if they are applied to a cruise reservation. Call and get an agent to set up a res that completes one year from the original expiration date. The agent will get the cert extended to cover the new cruise. You won't have to put down a deposit as the cert is the deposit. Then when you decide what cruise you actually want to do, call and get the res changed

Cruise Next certs have to be used on a cruise that completes before the expiration date (4 years from date of purchase). NCL will extend them one time for one year if they are applied to a cruise reservation. Call and get an agent to set up a res that completes one year from the original expiration date. The agent will get the cert extended to cover the new cruise. You won't have to put down a deposit as the cert is the deposit. Then when you decide what cruise you actually want to do, call and get the res changed

Does changing the reservation cancel that cruise certificate/deposit? I thought it did. Isn't changing the reservation actually cancelling and re-booking?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I just booked a cruise this morning and the agent was able to extend the certificate so it would apply beyond the original expiration date. Bermuda, here I come! :D

• 1 year later...

Just an update on this topic. 

We had two cruise next vouchers expiring in a year and got a reminder from NCL. 

When we looked at cruises the one we really liked fell after the expiry of the cruise next vouchers valid date. 

We called NCL who extended our cruise next vouchers validity AND used both vouchers for that one cruise. 

Just call and ask - guess they wanna sell a cruise as much as we wanna go on a cruise. Makes good business sense all round. 

Bon Voyage

On 6/8/2018 at 12:56 PM, fridaythe13th said:

I have two vouchers that will expire at the end of the month. Do I have to sail by then or just book by then?

we were told that if you call them they may and the operative word is "MAY" extend them, but a cruise must be booked and sailed by the new expiration date.

Friends of ours bought a cruise next voucher 4 yrs ago when we cruised on the Getaway. They bought it Feb. 21 of 2015. It expired Feb 21, 2019. But the credit stayed on his NCL account when logged in. He booked a cruise for this December about 65 days ago and online would not allow him to add the expired voucher. But a simple call and they added the $250 voucher towards his cruise, even tho it was expired. 

Earlier this year, they called when the voucher was about to expire and offered him to use the credit for a cruise for anytime in 2019 they would honor the voucher, but he did not book at that time and assumed he lost out.