70's outfits

nugsmom

Hi all! I haven't been on here in awhile Hope some of you remember me. I am cruising the end of Jan. and we are doing a 70's/new year's eve deck party. I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to wear. DH wants a leisure suit but we haven't been able to find one that doesn't cost a mint. And since it will only be worn once, we don't want to spend a fortune. And I have no idea what to wear. I thought of just bell bottom jeans and a top, but would like to do it up a little better than that. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Ebay, ebay ebay......

Seriously, they have loads of 70's stuff, do a search. I got a late 70's/early 80's "Disco" jumpsuit the other week for my New Years Eve party and it was about $25.

My friend managed to get a gorgeous 70's halter evening dress for a good price off ebay too (think The 3 Degrees!).

Time consuming searching, but well worth it, good luck. :)

Call your local tuxedo rental shop and ask if there are any leftover white tuxes to rent or sell. They will also have the ruffle you can pin on the front of the shirt.

This is what my husband did and I bought him a big giant fro to wear with his white tux, powder blue bow tie and cummerbund, and blue ruffles.

I laugh hysterically every time I see the photos.

I bought a long long blond wig to wear with my 70s dress. I went disco.

I wore tons of blue eyeshadow to match his tux. It was quite revolting.

Your local thrift store has a wealth of old clothing. Our son at one time had an oldies party to go to and he got all decked out at our local thrift shop.

I second that! Thrift stores area treasure chest full of dated clothes!

I say hit everyone in town. I am more than certain you will find some good outfits there for your party. :D

I second that! Thrift stores area treasure chest full of dated clothes!

I say hit everyone in town. I am more than certain you will find some good outfits there for your party. :D

I can never find any thrift shops with good seventies clothing. It seems everyone is getting rid of their 1980s dayglow colored clothing now along with acid washed jeans and shoulder pads.

I can never find any thrift shops with good seventies clothing. It seems everyone is getting rid of their 1980s dayglow colored clothing now along with acid washed jeans and shoulder pads.

I totally agree, that's why I went to Ebay! All the seventies stuff is hard to find, all I find is late 80's early 90's stuff....

Archived