Buying onboard credit

waggie

The Celebrity UK website "Gifts" is showing $25 obc is now £18.80 to buy - it has just gone up from £17.70.

The rate of exchange has been changed. I don't know how often Celebrity changes its exchange rate. £17.7 rate was set when you could get around $1 = £0.71 You now get $1 = £0.75.

The rate of change about a month a go was the best since the Brexit vote.

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

Celebrity have different Exchange Rates depends what you are buying. Example are Specialty dining is $1.39 to GBP whilst paying a deposit for a future cruise is at $1.69 to GBP. Illogical but a fact.

What was the date when you checked speciality dining?

We booked a future cruise last month - everything was priced in Sterling. Our deposit was £118 which was the same as that charged when we booked a future cruise last year!

What was the date when you checked speciality dining?

We booked a future cruise last month - everything was priced in Sterling. Our deposit was £118 which was the same as that charged when we booked a future cruise last year!

Actual TODAY, last time I checked specialty dining - Murano costs £36.00 and onboard $50 - that’s an exchange rate of $1.39 to 1 GBP.

When you paid £118 onboard deposit for your cruise you received $200 in credit - that’s an exchange rate of $1.69 to 1 GBP.

When did you last check .....?

Actual TODAY, last time I checked specialty dining - Murano costs £36.00 and onboard $50 - that’s an exchange rate of $1.39 to 1 GBP.

When you paid £118 onboard deposit for your cruise you received $200 in credit - that’s an exchange rate of $1.69 to 1 GBP.

When did you last check .....?

I agree with what you are saying.

I checked my account, they are charging £36 for Murano. They are also want £51.06 for premium drinks package but at what $ equivalent price? The package is being advertised at $65 +18% with the $13 upper limit. This was changed from May 15.

My obc is shown in sterling but at an exchange rate of 1.33.

A lot of inconsistencies about exchange rates. If I wanted to book Murano’s, I would not be using my obc but would pay for it at the current price.