4J vs Interior?

cruiser20145

They're both interior rooms, yes? Which deck is the 4J on? I am guessing the 4J is more because of it being higher (closer) to everything. For $40, I'd walk a flight of stairs. Now an upgrade to an ocean view or balcony would be worth money.

I am either booking a 4J or Deck 7 Interior on the Breeze. Which would you choose? The 4J is $40 more than a deck 7 interior.

I'd definitely take the 4J. The far forward location is a bit of a drag but they have a window overlooking the forward deck and are just steps away from being outside. We sort of felt like we had a giant balcony - there was almost never anyone else out there all the way forward. That one was a corner unit and was absolutely huge, but my PCP tells me they are forbidden to sell those to anyone who isn't mobility impaired now.

They're both interior rooms, yes? Which deck is the 4J on? I am guessing the 4J is more because of it being higher (closer) to everything. For $40, I'd walk a flight of stairs. Now an upgrade to an ocean view or balcony would be worth money.

Both cabins are on deck 7.

I'd definitely take the 4J. The far forward location is a bit of a drag but they have a window overlooking the forward deck and are just steps away from being outside. We sort of felt like we had a giant balcony - there was almost never anyone else out there all the way forward. That one was a corner unit and was absolutely huge, but my PCP tells me they are forbidden to sell those to anyone who isn't mobility impaired now.

That was kind of my thinking.

4J is by far better. Has a window for light. Do not forget to close at night as the inside can be seen in dark. It also is very acccessable to the deck as you just have a few steps from your cabin. They can be sold to people not handicapped as i have been in them on 3 of my last four. Not all are handicapped but some are. They usually fill up fast as well

4J is by far better. Has a window for light. Do not forget to close at night as the inside can be seen in dark. It also is very acccessable to the deck as you just have a few steps from your cabin. They can be sold to people not handicapped as i have been in them on 3 of my last four. Not all are handicapped but some are. They usually fill up fast as well

There is, surprisingly, still 8 left for this cruise.

There is, surprisingly, still 8 left for this cruise.

Definitely take a handicapped corner unit if they will permit it, but it's contrary to the most recent information I have. We actually passed on a regular 4J and went with a cove balcony instead.

Definitely take a handicapped corner unit if they will permit it, but it's contrary to the most recent information I have. We actually passed on a regular 4J and went with a cove balcony instead.

There aren't any corners left. Do you recommend any other location? Is it noisy in deck 7, being below the bridge?

There aren't any corners left. Do you recommend any other location? Is it noisy in deck 7, being below the bridge?

We've done 4J's twice on the Breeze....one more or less "in the middle" on Deck7, cabin 720..and a corner one on Deck10...loved that corner one...a larger cabin....convienent to Lido "stuff".....but if I could not get the corner, I take one of the others in a heartbeat...our favorite cabin location. 7202 was not noisy at all...bridge is a pretty quiet place.

4J's are a great bargain. They are classified as an interior, but you have a window, and as others have mentioned, a "public balcony". In my opinion, it's the next best thing to a balcony and you can't beat the price!

• 2 months later...

I have been in 4J's on several cruises and I would always choose a 4J over a regular inside, and even over an OV. It's a real bonus to have the window and the large deck just steps from the cabin. There is hardly ever anyone out on the deck. The handicapped ones are very spacious, but as mentioned above, I don't think Carnival reps are allowed to book anyone in them unless they're handicapped.

The far forward location is a bit of a drag but they have a window overlooking the forward deck and are just steps away from being outside.

We were in a 4J once on the Liberty. You’re very far forward, and it’s a hike to get anywhere, including the elevators. Keep that in mind if you don’t like a lot of walking. The ‘public balcony’ isn’t practical while the ship is in motion, it was way too windy to be enjoyed. It was fun standing out there while the ship was maneuvering near the ports. It was ok to try it once, but we wouldn’t consider trying it again.

Edited by ddloml
Added info

We just stayed in a 4J last week. Great location if you don't mind walking to the front of the ship. We did stay in a handicapped cabin so not sure how much that differs compared to a regular cabin but our window was huge. I will also agree with the previous poster who warned about closing the windows at night. We were out during the day and you couldn't see in the window at all even if you tried to. At night you can see everything.

Donna

Another vote for a 4J. We have stayed in this category on the Dream and the Triumph. As others have said, the hike to the front can get old (especially when others in your group have an aft balcony LOL).