Shopping AT MoBay cruise terminal

ballarinamom

Hey there

We've been to Montego Bay several times and need to make a decision based on time this trip. After our morning tour, we wan to go o Scotchies for lunch. But my daughter wants to do some local crafts type shopping. We've had great experiences at the craft market but we probably won't have time to go there is we eat at Scotchies. I can't remember what the shopping was like around the ship. I can vaguely remember there not being much there. Any thoughts?

It's been a few years since we cruised into Montego Bay, but they did have a few shops with crafts at the terminal. My wife bought a few things there, including a handmade cross for our wall.

Our last time there was February 2017 and at that time there was no more shopping at the terminal. We used to go buy some coffee there and maybe souvenirs for friends at home, but it was a surprise as the entire building was empty. No craft vendors outside either. Not sure if it was temporary or a permanent change though.

We were there this past february and there were maybe a dozen little huts to the right of the terminal that sold a variety of crafty stuff
When you say crafty stuff, do you mean stuff made locally, as opposed to the "Made In China" souvenir stuff?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app

Was there in March and bought a hand carved wooden rooster that was done local. There was mix of local crafts and I would say some stuff that was made in China. As other's have said there was only about a dozen little huts on the outside. It started raining on us so we didn't get to go in all of them. They will pretty much take any price you offer them. They are very aggressive to get you to buy something from them. Every time you try to walk away the price goes down even more.