Formal night on Symphony

sorry for jumping on your thread, but you'll be boarding from Rome shortly before my daughter and son-in-law (they're at the end of july).

so far she hasn't been able to find out definitively whether there is stay a while in rome or not (there is in barcelona on her cruise).

it would be great if someone could check with guest services when you're on board the ship and then post on the board the good or bad news... :)

thanks in advance!!!!

sorry for jumping on your thread, but you'll be boarding from Rome shortly before my daughter and son-in-law (they're at the end of july).

so far she hasn't been able to find out definitively whether there is stay a while in rome or not (there is in barcelona on her cruise).

it would be great if someone could check with guest services when you're on board the ship and then post on the board the good or bad news... :)

Based on this post (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56271961&postcount=59), I'd say yes, just not available to book online.

Barcelona departures are days two and five.

For a Rome departure, formal nights are on days 2 and 6.

I thought it was just the opposite? [emoji848]

And it is.. From Barcelona 5th day is Civitavecchia port, so it can’t be the formal night [emoji14]

I Think they are Palma and Naples

The formal nights are in fact Palma and Naples. There is no dress code enforced. I saw many men wearing shorts. i saw one who wore shorts, a tie dyed tank top, and a ball cap. There is no dress code enforcement on RCCL ships. Wear whatever you want.

I'm confused as heck at the dress code. It says casual but then says only shorts allowed at breakfast and lunch. My husband usually wears nice shorts and polo shirts at night on vacation and I hate the thought of him having to wear long pants every night. I certainly don't want to break any rules and possibly not allowed into a dinning venue. I guess we will take some pants and view what others wear.

Cruises have changed greatly over the years in regards to attire. I don't know how old you are but if you remember what started it all "The Love Boat" tuxedos and gowns every night. Unfourtunatly now most cruise lines will let you dine in whatever you show up in. I have seen men show up in shredded shorts and a sweat filled T shirt. I belive dinner in the main dinning room should be a pleasant expereance. If you don't have time to take a shower and dress properly you should go to the buffet. For me its a golf shirt and a casual pair of pants. On formal nights I will wear a sports coat. I have even gotten away from suits, hope I don't offend many people. In the past I have rented a tuxedo for about $65 which was great, show up on your cruise and the tux is waiting in your cabin. It came with 2 shirts, one for each formal night. Just leave it in your cabin when you leave. It made for a very special evening, great for pictures. I don't think they offer this anymore???

People spend good money to go on a cruise, I try to follow the rules but there are people who always want to see how much they can upset things. One of the big problems with the world!!!

Just posting my thoughts.

I'm confused as heck at the dress code. It says casual but then says only shorts allowed at breakfast and lunch. My husband usually wears nice shorts and polo shirts at night on vacation and I hate the thought of him having to wear long pants every night. I certainly don't want to break any rules and possibly not allowed into a dinning venue. I guess we will take some pants and view what others wear.

Thanks. I guess it's probably nice and cool and the ship so pants shouldn't be a problem. We have been vacationing in the Caribbean for so long where you can wear shorts 24/7. We no longer go to all inclusive resorts, but when we did I could never understand the rule of long pants and closed toed shoes when it was hot and humid and hardly any AC

thanks in advance!!!!

Yes please! I’d like to know also, so I can make pickup arrangements.

We are just returning from Symphony of the Seas cruise and our formal nights were Day 2 and Day 6 .....very very few people dressed for either. I saw anywhere from casual wear to Tuxedos on either night. We thought it might be due to the disembarking and embarking in Civitavecchia on Day 5...Our Day 6, for them it was Day 2