MSC Seaside May 26, 2018 Part 3

FL Sunshine

Part 3 of my review:

I just recalled that it was our experience that we needed to have our ship card for the Muster Drill even though we had the bracelets that came with Aurea. If you don't know where your Muster Station is, it is located on your cabin door. We were in the theater. Just be prepared because they repeat each step in 5 languages. It wasn't bad. Life vests are not in the cabins, if there is an emergency you report to your Muster station for instructions and receive your life vest.

Each morning there is a Morning Show on your stateroom TV, channel 5. It is hilarious!! The hosts for our cruise were our Cruise Director, Stephen (he is starting vacation next week) and Kevin, the Activities Manager. Each morning they ask a question of the day and if you have any shout outs. There is paper and the box in the Billiards room to submit your replies. We had a running joke going with them all week. It was a fun thing to watch while you are getting ready in the morning.

Food:

We ate breakfast in the Marketplace Buffet on Deck 8 each morning. It was good for us. They had a chef making omelets to order each morning. Regular breakfast eats. Oh, I did eat fried rice from the Ethnic section with my eggs. Why not? I wasn't the only one. We could always find a place to sit and crew were available to assist and clear tables. On the first morning, I suggest just walking around the entire buffet to see what is offered. It's usually the same on both sides. Yes, it is the same everyday, but there is enough variety.

We also ate lunch in the Marketplace buffet on Deck 8. Same suggestions. As everyone has said the pizza is delicious! Tables were easy to find, we usually had 4-6 in our family. Noted we had great weather every day once we got out of Miami. So there was plenty of outdoor seating available.

The Soda, Beer and Wine stations are located all the way in the back of the buffet. The bracelet system is really easy to use once you get used to it. They had 16 oz styrofoam cups for soda. We brought our Tervis Tumblers with us to use while on board, but never once used them. There were plenty of places to get drinks on board and then you don't end up carrying a big ole plastic bottle or water ever. Save room for packing.

One day they were serving freshly made red Sangria by the glass in the buffet. It was not included in the Aurea package. It only cost $6.95 and was was good. The next day they served white Sangria, but I didn't have any.

There were buttons on each table to push when you wanted bar service. They would bring the drink right to you.

A tip that we did was, get a couple of liters of bottled water and the smaller bottles from a bar and take them back to your cabin for your fridge in your room. Also get cans of soda. Then you have them already in your cabin when you need them. We also took the bottles of water into port with us. A reminder, we had Aurea so there was no charges.

We ate all of our dinners in the Seashore Dining Room. There is a separate entrance for Aurea just to the left of the main entrance. We had Gusti as our waiter the last 6 nights. He was very attentive and our service was fast. Our meals were always served hot and delicious. We were usually dining for 1 1/2 hours. We arrived between 5:30-6pm and usually finished by 7 with some time to spare to make it to the 8:00 shows.

My husband and his aunt did eat dinner at Butcher's Cut one evening complimentary with the Voyager's Club Black Card. They enjoyed it very much.

My husband's brother and sister in law ate at the Teppanyaki Restaurant one evening and said the food was excellent and the cook put on a great show.

Another hint, try to arrive at least 20 minutes early for each show. They fill up fast and will open up for general seating around 5-10 minutes before show time. Don't forget to make your show reservations. They do check.

Saturday: Embarkation

Dress: Smart Casual

Show: Frank Forever

Sunday: Sea Day

Dress: Elegant, Great Gatsby Party

Meet the Captain - Photos

Show: The Dream

Monday: Sea Day

Dress: Smart Casual, Country Western Party

Show: The Wizard

Tuesday: St. Martin

Dress: Smart Casual, White Party

Show: My Life In Music

Wednesday: Puerto Rico

Dress: Smart Casual, 70's Party

Show: Timeless

Thursday: Sea Day

Dress: Elegant

Show: Fly

Friday: Nassau

Dress: Smart Casual, Pirate Party

Show: Peter Punk

The shows didn't really have a plot to follow. I would say they are more like a Variety Show. A lot of talent and very entertaining. The shows run on average 30-40 minutes. We went to them all and enjoyed them.

My regrets: I never got to do the Zip Line, use the Solarium on the top deck for Aurea, see the Infinity Bridge or ride the Aft elevators. There is just so much to do and see. Before you know it you are headed home.

I just left more to do and see next time.

If you would like to know what we did on Port Days or activities on board let me know.

I hope you got some info you can use from my three long posts. 😊