Paid Cabin Upgrade - lost dining and boarding times

dcdiva

When I first posted here, I was pleasantly surprised that I got some helpful and useful suggestions for how to solve a problem. Thanks to all of you who provided useful info and advice. We acted on your tips and are hopeful that we will be able to enjoy our vacation as a family, including dining together.

Since this thread has veered away from the original topic and turned into lectures, attacks on the TA, and condescending and judgmental remarks about our unreasonable expectations, I will be signing off for now. I will post an update if we get any resolution. And I'll plan to post a review of the Havana cabins after the cruise.

Again, many thanks to all of you offered assistance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I first posted here, I was pleasantly surprised that I got some helpful and useful suggestions for how to solve a problem. Thanks to all of you who provided useful info and advice. We acted on your tips and are hopeful that we will be able to enjoy our vacation as a family, including dining together.

Since this thread has veered away from the original topic and turned into lectures, attacks on the TA, and condescending and judgmental remarks about our unreasonable expectations, I will be signing off for now. I will post an update if we get any resolution. And I'll plan to post a review of the Havana cabins after the cruise.

Again, many thanks to all of you offered assistance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope that you have a great cruise, and that there is a resolution that fits your needs.

Quick Update - We have been granted an "Arrival Appointment Exception" which will allow our party to board together, and most importantly, enable both children to board with their mother. Still no resolution on dining.

Quick Update - We have been granted an "Arrival Appointment Exception" which will allow our party to board together, and most importantly, enable both children to board with their mother. Still no resolution on dining.

That's good new, I'm glad one of your problem is solved, did you contact the ship maitre d?

YaY!!! Hoping the dinning time gets resolved too!

Oh I’m so glad to hear that. :D Hopefully you will get on early enough to catch the Maitre D so he can fix your dining issues as well. Sounds like your TA came through for you.

Update - Dining time issue has been resolved!

As of this morning, we have a confirmed dining assignment for both cabins. Woo hoo! Again, many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

There are still a whole bunch of weird things happening with vanishing and reappearing drink packages, wifi and bottled water orders. That stuff probably won't get resolved before we sail, but hopefully we won't end up being charged twice for anything. So now...it's time to pack!

As of this morning, we have a confirmed dining assignment for both cabins. Woo hoo! Again, many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

There are still a whole bunch of weird things happening with vanishing and reappearing drink packages, wifi and bottled water orders. That stuff probably won't get resolved before we sail, but hopefully we won't end up being charged twice for anything. So now...it's time to pack!

I’ve had issues with my Fun Shop purchases showing when I switched cabins or cruises. It always came back within 24 hours. However, you can call them and they can verify that all of your orders are still there and even send you an email confirmation. I had a feeling you would get your dining confirmation before you left. Congrats!

Congratulations, I hope you have a great vacation! If you are around the duty shop, can you please take the picture. (I just want to know the alcohol price). But if you are busy, please don't bother. Thank you

Yay! So happy they worked this out! Now you can have a great cruise!

I am glad, and frankly not surprised, that the dining time was fixed. We had 3 cabins last summer, all booked at different times with 3 different dining times. We linked the bookings and we were all waitlisted for early and one by one we got confirmation notices that we had early dining.

As far as the statement that Carnival was finally talking the the TA, I find that to be total nonsense. I spent over 20 years as a frontline TA and I could talk to Carnival anytime I wanted by just picking up the phone and dialing. I had a list of direct departments to contact, depending on the issue. TA's have direct access to Business Development Managers and inside and outside sales people so it is very easy to escalate an issue and get a quick resolution. Stuff like this would happen all the time when bookings were changed and people added. We just dealt with it behind the scenes and most of the time the clients had no idea that there had ever been an issue.

Edited by DebJ14