Wheelchairs on the Glory?

IBRelaxin2

A co-worker of mine is traveling on the Glory 1/21 and her friend needs a wheelchair due to limited mobility. Does Carnival have chairs for free or for rent onboard or will she need to have a private company bring one to the terminal for her?

I saw quite a few wheelchairs when we were on the Glory the end of Oct. Some were Carnival wheelchairs, I do not know if they were rented or first come. Call Carnival and they should be able to answer any questions you have. Have a fun cruise you will love the Glory.

Contact Carevacations! In March last year, we rented a scooter (as he has his own w/c) for an 8-day cruise. Cost about 250.00and was waiting in the cabin. I'm sure the w/c would be less. I believe the ships chairs are for emergencies or temporary assistance. Definiteley call guest services!

There are wheelchairs in the Galveston terminal, and I got in one as soon as I spotted it. After my husband rolled me on board, to my delight no one asked for it back. I was able to keep it all week and return it to the terminal when we picked up our luggage. The same thing happened on my next cruise.

After that, on the Diamond Princess, I knew the ship was absolutely mammoth compared to the Celebration, and I couldn't risk having to do that much walking, so I am now bringing my own.

Sue

Archived