Amex platinum benefit

bjdstt247

Hi all,

Does anyone know or have experience what the one bottle of champagne or wine per statement consist of? I have an upcoming cruise this month and was wondering from your past experiences were with the choice of bottles. Thanks!

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/promos/amex/shopping/cruise_privileges_program.jsp?cobrand=15558&webpagerecno=2357

the ‘Champagne’ is not real champagne but Sparkling Wine. It was fine as far as that goes. On one B2B cruise when the ship returned the liquors we’d bought in port at the turnaround port, we got our Italian Limonchello back and I added it to the Sparkling Wine. Loved it.

I haven’t had a bartender who makes those as a standard drink, so I now call it a Champello!

You can trade your complementary bottle in for something else - pay the difference. Never did that, but seen posts saying they’ve done it So if your not impressed with the wine you get, try that.

I usually drink whatever......of course I started by drinking Reunite so that says a lot of my tastes. I’ve ‘upgraded’ but I’ll drink pretty much anything you stick in front of me that doesn’t have sugar sticking to the sides as you pour it....OK, I’ll not drink Muscatel. And guess what is the only wine grape grown in Florida....yup. I guess I could drink it if they wrapped it up in a paper bag and I sat out on a street corner and sipped away. ‘Brother, you got a dime?’.

Den