Sushi and cupcake classes

Couple of questions please, has anyone done these before and were they worth it? Also we were hoping to do the sushi class with just the adults while the kids were in kids club, however if the club is full obviously we couldn’t. Would we be able to drop kids off and book the class that day or do you need to do it a while before?

Thank you :)

Can't really give much advice about when to book. I always book before hand because I'm a crazy planner. I'm sure people book on board and make it in the classes still. BUT the sushi class was definitely worth it. We did it on Explorer. Was hosted in Izumi. We made a really good portion of sushi but it is more of simple selection since they can't put out a ton of stuff. Still a great value and they gave us a good shot of sake!

I did the cupcake class many years ago when it was in the Cupcake Cupbard on Allure of the Seas so I am not sure how it has changed now. This was great too but it was quite a crowded class. It was fun to do with family but for the price it does seem like a lot just to pay for a couple cupcakes when it all comes down to it.

When I cruise I always like to try new things so if you can spare it I would still say try it if you have the time and wiggle room in the wallet! At least once!

Couple of questions please, has anyone done these before and were they worth it? Also we were hoping to do the sushi class with just the adults while the kids were in kids club, however if the club is full obviously we couldn’t. Would we be able to drop kids off and book the class that day or do you need to do it a while before?

Thank you :)

the sushi class is WELL worth it but it makes a lot of food. its also mostly stuff I cannot eat( shellfish) so if we ever do it again, we will just pay for one of us. the other can watch. you do need to book it ahead of time as they sell out very fast.

We did the cupcake one in the Cupcake Cupboard on the Allure as well. We had a good time, but didn’t think it was worth the money. At the time you just decorated a cupcake with icing in the shape of a dog. Not sorry we did it because we enjoyed it, it wasn’t time wasted, it’s just expensive for what it is, in our opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend and I did the sushi class last year and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. I also thought the price was reasonable. You end up making 3 or 4 rolls, so it was a lot of food. It generally starts around 10:30 and you are eating by 11:30. I would skip breakfast that morning. We made the mistake of eating breakfast then headed to our sushi class and were not hungry.

I have not done the cupcake class but looked at it for the upcoming cruise with same friend. I just think the price seems ridiculously high for what you get. With the sushi class, I had almost 30.00 worth of sushi...not so much with cupcakes.