Celebrity Web-Site - Final Payment Date - Glitch?

CruisingChick

I'm on Celebrity's web-site going through the motions of booking a cruise for September 9, 2018 and it says Final Payment Date is August 9, 2018.

Trip Total $xxxxxx USD

Minimum Deposit $900.00 USD

Remaining Balance due August 09, 2018 $xxxxxx USD

Cancellation Fees

What? I thought final payment was 90 days prior. It's asking me to make a $900 deposit and then final payment is due August 9th. Is this a web-site glitch or did something change?

So do you mean because it is not looking for full payment today? Aren’t we only about 90 days out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, final payment was on Monday, June 11th. I didn't go all the way through with the reservation, but when I saw the August 9th date and pay $900 now I was shocked. Final payment, to my knowledge, was never 30 days prior to a sailing, even in the old days.

I guess it's another web-site error.

I had a similar situation for a July 28 cruise that I booked last week. Booking page requested a $500 deposit with the balance due 6/28. I paid the $500, basically to hold the cabin while I transfered to my TA.

The following day (6/9) my cruise planner page on the website showed the balance being due 6/9. On the 10th, I received an email stating my cabin would be let go due to lack of payment. That freaked me out so I paid the remainder that day.

I had a similar situation for a July 28 cruise that I booked last week. Booking page requested a $500 deposit with the balance due 6/28. I paid the $500, basically to hold the cabin while I transfered to my TA.

The following day (6/9) my cruise planner page on the website showed the balance being due 6/9. On the 10th, I received an email stating my cabin would be let go due to lack of payment. That freaked me out so I paid the remainder that day.

A July 28th sail date should have a final payment date of 4/29/18. So it is another Celebrity Web-site issue. I wonder if they know that it's giving people the incorrect final payment date?