Bowling Alley Balcony vs. Normal Balcony

cruiser20145

I'm booking a cruise for next March on the Glory. I have the following bowling alley balconies available: 6450, 6481,6473, and 7439. Have you ever stayed in any of these cabins? Did you miss the couch? Did it feel like it had an awkward layout?

These are referred to L-shaped balconies on CC - for the shape of the room. It is our room of choice because you have 2 chairs and a lounger on the balcony. We also find the rooms to be quieter as they are removed from the hall. Some ships, not Conquest class, have love seats between the vanity and the window.

I do miss the couch on the Conquest class - but, assuming a Caribbean itinerary from a warm port, not enough to book a different room. If I was sailing to Canada, or from a northern port in winter or spring however, where weather could be bad and balcony usage limited, I might consider a standard to have the couch for movie watching.

Edit: so you decided to change cruises and go with a balcony? Part of the other reason we love this room is the bed faces out the door and window and we just sleep with curtains open and wake to the sea. Deck 7 will be quietest.

If they are available book one !!! We have had them 5 times and have another booked in 2020 on the Magic. Here is my video from our cabin on the Valor

We love the layout and its so nice having that long balcony. Twice we have had a small couch in our cabin. If you look on the deck plans, the area beside them is the stairway used by staff and during muster drill, we've never heard any noise from that area.

We are also looking at an aft-view extended balcony. Can you fit two lounge chairs on either the Aft Balcony of L Balcony?

The aft in my experience do not have loungers; the aft wraps do though. You might want to start a separate thread asking if you can have 2 loungers brought to the aft...don't know if someone has ever asked for that - it is deep enough, but not sure about wide enough.

Our best friends like the aft - we don't because they are not as private. On some ships they are tiered - you would have to look at a picture of the Glory to see how she is structured. But if it is tiered, the people above you can see you down below.

Oh - and aft is a premium balcony so more expensive - the l-shaped generally aren't...

The aft in my experience do not have loungers; the aft wraps do though. You might want to start a separate thread asking if you can have 2 loungers brought to the aft...don't know if someone has ever asked for that - it is deep enough, but not sure about wide enough.

Our best friends like the aft - we don't because they are not as private. On some ships they are tiered - you would have to look at a picture of the Glory to see how she is structured. But if it is tiered, the people above you can see you down below.

Oh - and aft is a premium balcony so more expensive - the l-shaped generally aren't...

All the pictures and videos I have seen show loungers. The price is only $5pp/day more.