Embarkation food tips for Seaside

KnoxRunner

Hey everyone,

Getting closer now to boarding the Seaside, this Saturday :)

Wanted to know one last bit of advice from anyone about embarkation. Where is the best place to grab a bite to eat right after boarding. I know when we boarded the Getaway a couple of years ago the best place was O'Sheehans and wondered if there was somewhere like that on the Seaside.

Thanks,

Will

Hey everyone,

Wanted to know one last bit of advice from anyone about embarkation. Where is the best place to grab a bite to eat right after boarding. I know when we boarded the Getaway a couple of years ago the best place was O'Sheehans and wondered if there was somewhere like that on the Seaside.

Thanks,

Will

You will most likely be directed to the buffet. There is very good seating on the outside deck next to it. If not raining of course. The sports bar may be open, I can't remember if it was or not.

Which buffet? Deck 8 o deck 16?

Both were open I think, we went to 16.

FYI, during the cruise, both buffets offer several identical stations, but deck 8 buffet has stations of food that deck 16 doesn't have. Think of 16 more as an express, while 8 is more of a full.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Will

Buffet

If you embark after 12:30pm (some stations in the buffet is not ready before that), your best shot will be the buffet on Deck 8. If you have younger kids with you, go to the buffet on Deck 16. Soft-serve ice cream is only available in Deck 16.

In our recent cruise with Seaside, we boarded around 12:30 pm. While most passengers were lining up to activate their credit/debit card with their ship card, we went straight to Deck 8 using the stairs to eat lunch. Lots of seating available (indoors or outdoors, weather permitting). We only had coffee that morning so the hot food was a big welcome for our stomach.