Bumped by NCL with no transfer service to HNL airport?

AllenO

I think many of you are missing that the OP bought her excursion ticket MONTHS ago she says. So if the tour operator sold 80 ticket and can now only take 50, it's highly unlikely she wasn't in the first 50........MONTHS AGO she said. I've cruised NCL long enough to know excursions like this don't sell out months in advance.

NCL should be looking out first for the passengers that booked first. This is the issue. And THAT is in NCL's control.

I completely agree with this.

It is totally selfish for the other responder to your post to point out that they should look after the suites, ambassadors, PP's etc first and randomly cancel the masses even though they booked first! In my opinion that was a disgusting comment, but hey, they are entitled to their opinion.

Yes, loyalty should count in certain aspects, but in this case of selecting who to bump out, last in should be the first out (if capacity has been reached) no matter what their status.

Absolutely not. NCL should bump people by priority. Suites get a seat no mater what. Then Ambassadors, Platinum Plus, Platinum, etc.

After that, random cancellation is fine. No such thing as first come first serve.

Hopefully you do not get bumped out of something (where they are doing "status" based bumping out), where you do not have any status.

Yes, loyalty should count in certain aspects, but in this case of selecting who to bump out, last in should be the first out (if capacity has been reached) no matter what their status.

I totally agree, it should be first come first served and not based on one's loyalty tier.

As far as the OP purchasing tickets months out, I would bet that this particular excursion (with airport drop off) is highly sought after and even purchasing months out, the OP could be near the bottom of purchasers.