Hurricane "Bud" puts a wrinkle in cruise plans...

Its refreshing to hear about a business, Carnival, that responded quickly and imo offered good compensation to their paying clients.

From the medical emergency to hurricane Bud, none of this was Carnivals "fault" but by all accounts, they stepped up to the plate.

We haven't sailed with Carnival, but have 2 upcoming Mexico cruises booked with them. As a customer, I am very happy to see Carnivals prompt reaction & good compensation for what happened to the passengers on the Splendor this week.

I

So impressed with Carnival. My son is on the ship with 40 plus of his Senior Grad Classmates and is having a blast. Way to go with the cruise credit and the $200 onboard shipboard credit per room. We will definitely sail on Carnival again. GREAT JOB CARNIVAL !!

From my understanding, it was 50% off a future cruise & $200 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was originally 50% off a future cruise when they first cancelled Cabo and PV, but when the ship couldn't make it into Catalina, it changed to 100% cruise credit.

It is non-transferable though, but thats OK. Happy Cruising !!

Wow...that is very generous! I thought during hurricane season that it's "the risk you take" with cruising. Pretty nice of Carnival...I wouldn't mind a "cruise to nowhere", $200 credit, AND another cruise all for the price of one cruise!

We were on this cruise and although it wasn't the relaxing vacation that we'd hoped for, Carnival took a difficult situation and really wowed us with their handling. We opted to stay on board for the duration, and the last two days of the cruise were amazing. We made sure to tell the crew members how much we appreciated their positive attitude, as it made it so much easier for us to remain positive.

Half the passengers debarked in San Diego on Thursday, and we had a nearly empty ship for the last two days of the cruise. One of the things Carnival did was to make the arcade "free" and while I spent Friday in a wonderfully empty spa, my husband was able to entertain the kids in the arcade. I loved having extra time to chat with crew members without feeling like I was keeping them from helping other passengers. It was nice!

Even better was getting home and booking a "do-over" cruise that is giving us the chance to sail on the Vista in January! Yay for a free cruise!