Special tips - On any ship or any port

Aliann

Okay, I know there are lot's of people who have 'discovered' a gem, either on a ship or at a port. A quiet place on ship... the secret spot where no one is and there's a lounge chair on a deck for sun... Or you came across a hole in the wall restaurant in Roatan that served the very best margarita or fish sandwich you've ever had.

No Carlos n' Charlies stuff, no obvious tourist traps, nothing about the excursions (can get that info on port boards) unless it's a tip of the best place to sit on the boat, or what NOT to eat on the boat. I'm wondering about those little places no one finds or knows about that end up being memorable.

And actaully, why don't we try and make it easy on everyone and actually do it a certain way. Say state the ship or place - then the tip or any interesting little tidbit you'd like to share... For instance:

St. Lucia - I was in St. Lucia and there was a restaurant high on the hill in Soufreire (sp?) that had the greatest view. It was colorful with all kinds of paintings on the walls, a pool in the middle of everything (very small place), it was also a hotel that had a few rooms. I actually can't remember the name of it right now but I'll look for it. They made homemade ice cream out of a local tree (or plant) and it was delicious. An interesting texture, in between ice cream and sorbet and tasted almost like coconut.

OR

NCL Majesty - When seats are limited inide the buffet area for breakfast or lunch there are some stairs you can go down that actually puts you into the lounge that serves as the Italian restaurant at night and there are a ton of seats.

I'm sure we've all found little places, or have discovered great little tips, and if you'd care to share, I'd like to know. Thanks.

If you are traveling to Grand Cayman, there are a few SCUBA shops to the right as you get off the tenders. If you are at the new peir, it is a little bit of a further walk. We went to Eden rock divers right on the water. Rented our gear and did some snorkeling. Nice location near the ships without having to take a cab somewhere. We did see a shark in this location which scared my wife some.

Archived