Costa Maya Dolphin Experience Excursion

Littlegoo75

Hi. Can somebody please give me some insight on the dolphin swim through Carnival in Costa Maya? How much do they charge, and how great is it?

I have done the swim with the dolphins on my own in Cozumel, how does this one compare? Any insight would be super helpful,

THANKS!!!!

Is this new? I haven't heard about any dolphins in Costa Maya. I went to the Carnival site to check and sure enough, they are offering an excursion. Since our dolphin swim is likely to be canceled in Coz, I'd like to know more about this too. Does anyone know if you can book this independently? Think I'll head over to the Ports of Call board and see if I can find out anything.

Royal Caribbean also offers the dolphin swim in Costa Maya. It states that the actual time in the water interacting with the dolphins is 20 minutes. At no time will you be pushed or pulled by the dolphins. You are allowed to touch, kiss and interact with them. They list the actual cost of the tours. This one is listed at $135.00 pp.

Well, it's quite a bit cheaper than the dolphin swim offered through Unexso in Freeport, which is close to $200 yikes! I do like how you got pushed and pulled by the dolphins in Cozumel, but you still get to be in the water with them, so that is cool. Plus, I think the price includes spending the day at the Uvero Beach Club, plus trasportation to and from the pier, so I guess it's worth it. I guess it's such a new thing that most people don't know about it yet. I am glad I waited. I contacted the Uvero Beach club, and the only way to do this, is to book through the ship.

Archived