Conquest itinerary excursions question

drscooby74

We are going to

Nassau

Half moon cay

Grand Turk

Amber Cove

Can we swim with the sharks at any of the ports? We don't dive so it would have to be a swim or snorkel.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

The only place I have ever done it is Belize. HMC is truly a beach day where you can snorkel from shore. Grand Turk has fantastic snorkeling but you would have to book a trip. Amber Cove is not a good snorkel place.

Yes... they have like 3 different snorkeling tours I have found for grand Turk and this one seemed to be the best bang for the buck... do you have any suggestions that I can check out?

The only one we did was last minute with Carnival and was just two stops/the wall and was like $50 pp for a few hours.

Grand Turk is expensive by many port standards so I would say if it is a several hour trip, it is probably worth it.

Is that a private excursion? Or ship based?

I would compare options on the ports of call board if you haven’t before committing to anything.

On another note, DR is beautiful. Make sure to plan some kind of excursion here. The pier is Carnival built and doesn’t have a beach - just pool and shopping so you are missing the whole experience if you just stay in Amber Cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only one we did was last minute with Carnival and was just two stops/the wall and was like $50 pp for a few hours.

Grand Turk is expensive by many port standards so I would say if it is a several hour trip, it is probably worth it.

Is that a private excursion? Or ship based?

I would compare options on the ports of call board if you haven’t before committing to anything.

On another note, DR is beautiful. Make sure to plan some kind of excursion here. The pier is Carnival built and doesn’t have a beach - just pool and shopping so you are missing the whole experience if you just stay in Amber Cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This would be a private excursion think it's like 4 or 5 hrs...

What do you suggest to do in Amber Cove? We were thinking the water fall thing but not to sure if we want to that... also thinking some sort of atv or buggy tour that also stops at water we can cool off in

We are going to

Nassau

Half moon cay

Grand Turk

Amber Cove

Can we swim with the sharks at any of the ports? We don't dive so it would have to be a swim or snorkel.

Thank you

Since not one person answered your question, Google says this: https://www.islands.com/first-timers-how-swim-sharks-bahamas

What do you suggest to do in Amber Cove? We were thinking the water fall thing but not to sure if we want to that... also thinking some sort of atv or buggy tour that also stops at water we can cool off in

We were on the Conquest in March and in Amber Cove did the mega truck (wild truck) excursion. It's a bumpy ride, but oh so much fun! The excursion stops at a cigar place, they offer coke (and rum and coke, lol) on the ride, and it stops at a place called Coconut Cove where there is a beach, and has an all inclusive lunch buffet. Awesome excursion!

We did 12 waterfalls - glad we did it but would not do it again! The bridge was out so you had to hold a rope and wade across the river - filling your shoes with rocks. Then it is like a 45 min uphill hike into the rain forest, then up and down slippery rain forest stairs to start the jumps. This would NOT be approved in the US. The guy literally took a pebble, threw it 20' below and said, "jump there...don't miss as it is shallow everywhere else." :eek: DH is 5'9" and hit bottom on every jump. Also didn't like the fact that they told us not to take our camera (in the end there was no reason other than they wanted to sell you their stuff). It was beautiful - but I don't like the marketing stuff and the fact that I don't have picture as I, unlike many, HATE selfies, and want pictures of the nature and falls instead.

Oh and it was a 30 min walk out and because they allowed someones 75 yo grandmother on part of the trip - we moved at her pack up and back. So all and all the experience of the waterfalls was fantastic - not thrilled with the level of exertion with rocks in my water shoes and the way business was conducted.

But, now having been to DR, we all commented what a beautiful island it is. I don't think you can go wrong with a reputable provider that gets you out and about to see it.