Dawn Info

kitti

My Sister And I Are Sailing On The Dawn 3/16/06. Very Excited To Be Leaving From New York As We Have Always Left From Florida.have Never Cruised With Ncl. We Have A Balcony Ab On The Port Side And Aft.have Cruised With Rcl And Princess And Loved It! Any Suggestions On The Best Time To Get To The Cruise Terminal. Also, Any Info On The Ab Balcony Rooms? Can't Wait!!!!

Thanks!

Kitti- We never sailed on NCL or sailed out of New York before we sailed on the Dawn. In a few weeks we will boarding the Dawn again for our 4th cruise out of New York on Dawn.

Are you sure you have a AB cabin, port side aft? AB is a penthouse located on Deck 11 forward? Are you sure you don't have a BA?

Kitti- You will like the BA cabins. Our group had them on our last Dawn cruise. They are conveniently located one deck below the fitness center and two decks below the pool area and Garden Cafe buffet. You will have cabins on the deck above so it should be quiet.

The Dawn is expected to dock about 10AM so boarding cannot commence before noon so you will have to wait if you get there too early.

Some suggestions: Try to have dinner at least one night in Salsa (no fee Tex-Mex food) with excellent ambiance overlooking the atrium and music below. In addition, if you like Italian food and some pizza to order, try La Trattoria, also no extra charge. For your first NCL experience, you picked the right ship.

I agree, you will love the Dawn. I don't know what time the Dawn gets to the pier on the day of your cruise, but let's just say it's 7 or 8AM. If things go smoothly, they will probably start boarding between 11:30 and 12.

The Latitudes group will board first. They wait upstairs, and will be led down; after that, everyone else gets to board. If you don't mind waiting a bit, get there around 10. They will probably have a table set up which will allow you to get any necessary check in done, and then you will have only to pick up your card and board.

They will probably have coffee and snacks set up.

If you want to eat in a specialty restaurant, make your reservation in the atrium as soon as you board. It is usually half price cover for the first night.

Then go to your room, pick up your daily, and enjoy a leisurely lunch in the Venetian while highlighting the things you want to do in the Daily. You're on vacation!:)

Please be advised that recent Dawn arrivals in New York do not show her docking before 10AM. The itinerary also states a 10AM arrival in New York. It takes at least 2 hours for all 2000 passengers to debark so boarding cannot begin until after noon.

Thank you for the great advice. We really can't wait! I'm really interested in how it is to leave from New York. My husband , son and I always take the ferry to Yankee Stadium and love the sites from the river!

Archived