Trip Report - June 13 Island Princess Vancouver to Whittier

KamAZ

Thank You for such thorough coverage of your itinerary. We will be on the exact same tour on the Island Princess in July, 2019...northbound, Vancouver to Whittier.  My question is about the ship. Last year we did an Alaskan cruise on the Golden Princess, similar to the Island so I am a little familiar with the layout.  We have a balcony on the Dolphin deck -- a quiet deck!  After doing some research here at CC, we have learned that some open seating space on the Island was transformed into staterooms, so that open seating, viewing area is lost forever.  Would you please offer your opinions of the ship?  Much appreciated.  

On 4/24/2019 at 7:08 AM, tonamie said:

Thank You for such thorough coverage of your itinerary. We will be on the exact same tour on the Island Princess in July, 2019...northbound, Vancouver to Whittier.  My question is about the ship. Last year we did an Alaskan cruise on the Golden Princess, similar to the Island so I am a little familiar with the layout.  We have a balcony on the Dolphin deck -- a quiet deck!  After doing some research here at CC, we have learned that some open seating space on the Island was transformed into staterooms, so that open seating, viewing area is lost forever.  Would you please offer your opinions of the ship?  Much appreciated.  

Having not sailed on the Island prior to the re-do, and having never sailed on the Coral (the sister ship), I don't have anything else to compare it to. In fact, it is the only ship we've sailed on Princess (until next week, when we board the Ruby). 

That said, I didn't notice any problems with it. I guess you can't miss what you've never had.  It didn't seem overly crowded, which is one of the things people complain about. I know people also complain about the lack of an International Cafe, but I hadn't been on a ship with one, so nothing to compare it to. I would just say it seemed fine to me. 

• Thanks 1