Millennium On-board activities?

lddam

My wife, Marcia, and I are booked on the March 19 Millennium sailing from Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale. The itinerary includes 8 "at sea" days and my wife is concerned that she may go stir-crazy with that many days without a shore excursion to peak her interest. Can anyone shed any light upon "on-board" activities available on the Millie during sea days? Sure would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Dave of ...

If your wife likes to be occupied, she may end up being very bored. Typical activities on sea days are cooking demonstrations, ice carving demonstrations, a movie in the cinema, etc. The daily program will also list numerous lectures being held in the spa which are really just sales pitches to get you to buy some products they have for sail. I think your wife may need to provide her own entertainment. If she likes to read I would suggest she bring a few books. If she likes movies, it might be worthwhile to bring a portable dvd player.

Superjerryw, thanks for the reply. I went to the X website to see if I could link to copies of the daily bulletin, but was unsuccessful. Any suggestions as to where I might find representative copies of the daily bulletin?

There would be activities - games - and the like about every 45 minutes on the ship every sea day.

Trivia, pool games, tri-bond, outburst, darts, table tennis, and a few more.

Looking back at a sea day event and activities schedule from the Zenith.

Physical activities - Step class, walk a thon, Shuffleboard, ping pong, golf lessons, dance class, pool volleyball.

Thinking activities - Trivis many types, win lose or draw, taboo, name that tune by the pool, bridge, riddles.

other activities - Black jack tourney, slots tourney, culinary demos, boutique seminars, pool side fashion show, art auction, enrichment series, library open check out a Celebrity dancer, arts and crafts, club meetings.

There is a lot to do on the sea days if you want.

This is a link to the Galaxy program of a typical day.

http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/joni97/entertainment.html

If not sit by the pool relax read order a drink.

No worries.

Archived