Moped vs Twizy - Pros? Cons? Which is better?

anthonyjsey

Hey guys!

I'm cruising to Bermuda on August 12th by way of Norwegian Escape.

Was thinking I might just bring my own snorkel equipment and rent my own transportation to get around, that way my fiance and I can do our own thing at our own pace.

My question is, I'm not too sure if I should rent a moped or a twizy. Has anyone tried both? How was the experience? How is the storage space? How is the space for the person in the back? My fiance seems to be a bit worried about the safety on a moped, we are both early 30s and I'm sure I can manage. Thoughts?

Mopeds in Bermuda are particularly more dangerous than in other places- small twisty roads, driving on the left, and tourist mopeds are governed to lower speeds (while normal traffic isn’t and speeds right by and around you). Would highly recommend the Twizys if you want your own transportation. They’re fun and a lot safer.

We also were thinking of renting one of the two as we like being on our own.

The bad thing about the Twizy is the cost $99 and I thought maybe just go ahead but found out today that they charge an additional $88 for insurance! Yikes not sure I want to pay by$187 for 1 day!

Not sure of other options 😪

I'm sorry I read my email wrong it is $30 not 88.:eek:
Lol I was gonna say, made me go back and recheck! Haha.. I think $130 is worth it, I want to be able to go around and explore without having to conform to any kind of schedule, booking the twizy in the next few days!!! When are you going on your trip?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app