Escaping to Bermuda - June 2018 Trip Report!

tatibus0913

Awesome review! Thank you! Where did you order the door magnet from on Etsy?? I am going on the Escape in October and would love one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the direct link, but if you go to Etsy and then look up the CruiseDesignsBB shop, you will find them there!

Looks like we are off to a great start ;) I cannot wait to read all about your trip. Bermuda is on my list. We originally were booked for next month to finally go there, but changed up our itinerary due to other family members wanting to cruise. Maybe next year. The pictures are great! Loved seeing the pictures of NYC also. Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review!!

Thanks for following along! It's an amazing place to visit!

Loving your review so far. The pics are awesome! We will be on the Escape to Bermuda in September. We have a spa balcony on Deck 15. Can’t wait to read the rest. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We appreciate the time and energy you are putting into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved the thermal spa! It was an amazing place to escape all of the people and relax. For the most part, we also liked being on deck 15. It was really convenient to the spa (obviously), the pool, and the buffet. It was a little tougher getting to decks 6-7-8. Going down was easy enough but walking up all those stairs was hard! But it was a good way to burn some calories :')

I’m loving this! Thanks so much for taking the time to share. You and your wife are beautiful! I am sailing on the Escape September 30. It will be my first cruise! 🌈

Aww thanks so much! :* You're going to have an amazing time on the Escape!

Following. Thank you for your great review and pictures!

Following. We are going on the Escape to Bermuda in July of next year and reading this makes me wish it was this July! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for following along! It's so tough to wait for a cruise!

Following and enjoying your review and photos thus far. Going on the Escape in August and getting more excited by the day.

Great way to do a review. We are heading back to Bermuda for the 6th time in August. Really looking forward to the Escape. Thanks for sharing your trip

Thanks!! I love doing these :D

Thanks so much for your patience! I was able to fix my photos so everything is in the correct order now! I'm going to try to do the first two sea days today and our first day in Bermuda tomorrow but no promises lol. I won't be able to post over the weekend, we have plans and need to finish unpacking and get some groceries in our apartment! We just got back on Sunday, and I wanted to get this review up so that it would be beneficial to those sailing soon!

Monday, June 18th: Day at Sea

We were up around 8:00am on our first sea day. The view from our balcony was beautiful, the water was so smooth.

enhance

We decided to check out the main dining room for breakfast. We were seated right away, and our server was really nice. We had a few blips - she brought me the wrong waffle order and never brought our sides of bacon and sausage. The whole meal took about an hour. For some reason, I don’t have photos of the food, sorry about that! It wasn’t a bad experience but we decided that we would have breakfast in the buffet for the rest of the trip.

After breakfast, we went to see if we could find some chairs in the shade. We had gotten a lot of sun the day before so we wanted a break from it. The pool deck was packed! We went over to Spice H2O and there were chairs, but none in the shade. We decided to head down to the Waterfront and enjoyed the view from there. It’s really a great area with comfortable chairs and couches.

enhance

After a little while, we went inside to watch the Cooking Demonstration. They were making sushi from Food Republic in the Atrium, and we watched from above. It was a great demo!

enhance

After the demo, it was time for the Cruise Critic meet and greet in the Brew House. The staff there did an amazing job, and were passing out mini beers and appetizers. We enjoyed meeting all of the officers, who walked around and introduced themselves. We had a really nice time talking to other cruisers as well!

enhance

After the meet and greet, we went to get lunch from the buffet. I’m not sure what was going on with me that day but I don’t have food photos from lunch either! I know I had a burger, and it was delicious haha.

We had some time before the slot pull, so we grabbed some mojitos to go and went back down the Waterfront. I definitely used portrait mode on my iPhone to take the drink picture haha (don't judge me!)

enhance

enhance

We then did the slot pull, which was a good time even though we didn’t win anything!

After the slot pull, we decided to go see what the thermal spa was all about. We’ve never been in a thermal spa so we had no idea what to expect. We had stickers on the back of our cards, and checked-in with the spa staff. They hold your cards while you’re in the spa. We walked back and were surprised at how large it was. There’s a row of heated tile loungers in the front, and then rows of padded loungers on the sides and behind the tile loungers. There’s also a therapy pool, a whirlpool, saunas and a salt room.

We were just in our regular clothes (remember, spa newbies here) so we grabbed a couple of the padded loungers.

enhance

enhance

I read for a while and Justine played Sudoku. At one point, I even fell asleep reading, that’s how relaxing it was!

It was getting to be close to our dinner reservation, so we headed to our room to change. We headed down to Cagney’s for our reservation and asked to sit outside since it was still so nice out.

enhance

enhance

We started with Oysters Rockefeller and a Crab Cake.

enhance

enhance

We both had a wedge salad.

enhance

We also had surf and turf as our entrees, and shared french fries, mashed potatoes and brussells sprouts as our sides.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Desserts were a chocolate brownie and raspberry creme brulee.

enhance

enhance

Overall, it was a good meal and the server was great. Out of all the specialty restaurants we went to on this cruise (5 total), Cagney’s ended up being our least favorite. It was good, but the other ones were just better.

After dinner, we headed to Headliners for the comedian. I had reserved this as soon as we were on board through the iConcierge app.

enhance

enhance

The comedian, Peter Banachowski, was really funny and we enjoyed the show a lot!

After the comedian, we headed back to the Brew House where Beau was performing. The place was (deservedly) packed! We stayed there until he finished his last set at 10:30pm. He really is an incredible performer.

enhance

Then, we headed up to the Norwegian’s Night Out party in Spice H2O.

enhance

We had never been on a ship where these parties were outside, and it was a lot of fun to dance under the stars in the middle of the ocean! We danced for a while - the DJ was great - and then called it a night.

enhance

Will be on this cruise with my crew on July 1st (yaaaaay 3 days!!)

I know it could be different, but do you have the names of the comedians that were performing last week.

Thanks in advance

That's so exciting! One was Warren B. Hall and the other was Peter Banachowski. We saw both of them and they were both really funny!