Las Ramblas in Barcelona, is it far from the port (ship) ?

Charlo

Question for anyone have stayed in Barcelona

Are the hotels far from the port (ship) ?

If I book an hotel near Las Ramblas, how many time does it take to go on the ship ? By train, taxis or bus and how much does it cost ?

Thank you again.icon7.gif

Lou

you are a good 25-30 minutes from the port - and the port is very busy....this summer it took about 20minutes once we were in the confinds of the port - just to take the bridge over to the ship.

las ramblas is a great location - and barcelona is never to be missed...

have a great trip

We were in Barca last October and stayed at the Hotel Royal, right in the middle of La Rambla. The taxi fare from the airport to the hotel for two, including luggage, was 22 euros. From the hotel to the dock it was 19 euros.

We've been to barca three times and wouldn't consider staying anywhere but on La Rambla.

When we were there we stayed at the Hotel Continental on La Rambla and it was wonderful. We had a small balcony where we could sit and watch the happenings on the street.

I would caution you that if you stay on La Rambla, watch your luggage when you get out of the cab. We talked to a couple who had had a bag stolen and they were standing right there. Also pickpockets are known in the area so guard your wallet. Barcelona is a fabulous city and not to be missed. Try to stay a few days if possible.

Garry

the port is at the end of Las Ramblas. I lost track of how many times I walked the length of Las Ramblas when I was in Barcelona--but hey, I'm from New York, and we all just walked our way through the transit strike....

My point is, it's not that far, and most of your cab money is probably waiting time! So if you don't have too much luggage you might want to consider the subway (metro? you know what I mean!) or walking.

M

Archived