Getting to Port Everglades from airport car rental return

SandyR5

Hi and help - Have to rent a car to visit some relatives before our cruise. We'll rent at FLL and drop off there. Has anyone done that and then went on to the pier? How did you get there? Can you catch a taxi at the rental return? I seem to only picture the vans that take you to the airport and an area NOT where taxis would be. Do we have to take the van to the airport and get a taxi there? Thanks

You can walk across an enclosed walkway from the car rental center, and it takes you right over to the airport and you can grab a cab there. We did that in December, however we returned the rental car the night before our cruise, and then took a shuttle from the hotel the next morning, so we wouldn't have to take all our luggage when we returned the car, but it wouldn't be that hard if you have your luggage with you. It's really very easy and not far at all.

Have a ball!

Laurie

Most of the major car rental firms will shuttle you to the port. Just ask. Most of them are located off airport and are about same distance from airport and the port. I know that Alamo does because I used them. Have also seen the Hertz and Budget shuttles at the port.

Steve

Archived