Should I cancle 3rd person?

Here's my dilemma. My DH and I and youngest son are booked (past guest rate) in a Cove Balcony. My son decides he doesn't want to go. (great). We are not to final payment and have NOT booked ES. I am trying to figure out (I have not called Carnival yet) if I should drop down to 2 people in the cabin or just eat the ~$300 I have paid for him. The reason that I do not want to totally cancel the booking is that I bought/paid for picture package that you cannot get any more. What are you thoughts on this besides give Carnival a call? I will call them tomorrow when I am not working and can stay on hold for long time. What options can I expect?

One other option that I might throw by my DH is to find one other person and switch rooms with my other son and his friend. I am thinking it would be a $50 name change on this option.

Can you move your son to the other room with son who is sailing and THEN cancel him? You might have to rebook son and friend but won’t lose your package.

I am not sure. I think they are in a two person room (I will have to go on an look). I could easily do that if needed. Another possibility to my list.

If you cancel the 3rd person, you could be moved to a 2 person cabin. Something to consider if you like where you are.

I am stuck on this room. I wasn't even planning on having a balcony until DH wanted my son to gom and picked the closest one to the rest of our family (who are all adults) We had a very nice ocean view before this.

I am stuck on this room. I wasn't even planning on having a balcony until DH wanted my son to gom and picked the closest one to the rest of our family (who are all adults) We had a very nice ocean view before this.

Then either find someone to take his place or pay his fare and you'll get taxes/port fees/gratuities refunded back to the final form of payment. Whenever you don't meet occupancy requirements of the cabin, they can move you.

I meant to say I am NOT stuck on this room.

Anyway, I called Carnival. I had some other things to take care of and asked my hypothetical question. I was told that name changes will not cost anything if I want to do that. If I decide to go down to the two persons in a cabin, then we have to move. There are no more cove balconys left, so we would have to move up. At this point, I am seeing if the other son (he has a friend that he is sharing the room with) if his friend can find someone to share the room with him, and then my son would move over to our room with us.

Thank you all for your input.

Here's my dilemma. My DH and I and youngest son are booked (past guest rate) in a Cove Balcony. My son decides he doesn't want to go. (great). We are not to final payment and have NOT booked ES. I am trying to figure out (I have not called Carnival yet) if I should drop down to 2 people in the cabin or just eat the ~$300 I have paid for him. The reason that I do not want to totally cancel the booking is that I bought/paid for picture package that you cannot get any more. What are you thoughts on this besides give Carnival a call? I will call them tomorrow when I am not working and can stay on hold for long time. What options can I expect?

One other option that I might throw by my DH is to find one other person and switch rooms with my other son and his friend. I am thinking it would be a $50 name change on this option.

Have him as a no show and you will get taxes and port charges back after the cruise.

If you have carnival insurance they will give back 75% to book on a future cruise.

Carnival will give back to your credit card port/taxes & grats.

They already have a cabin assigned, Carnival won't necessarily make them move cabins. People suggest they may, but they also may not either. If they didn't book ES, why waste paying for someone that isn't going - that seems rather ridiculous.

They already have a cabin assigned, Carnival won't necessarily make them move cabins. People suggest they may, but they also may not either. If they didn't book ES, why waste paying for someone that isn't going - that seems rather ridiculous.

See post #8. They are in a 3 person cabin and if they remove one person, then they no longer meet the occupancy requirements and have to move.

See post #8. They are in a 3 person cabin and if they remove one person, then they no longer meet the occupancy requirements and have to move.

That is not always the case, I have been in a cabin for three and 4 several times with only 2 people. I have been in a cabin for 4 with only 3 people. Just because they remove the person does not mean they have to give up the cabin.

In fact I have had Carnival use a cabin for three when only two have booked, when trying to keep multiple cabins together.

That is not always the case, I have been in a cabin for three and 4 several times with only 2 people. I have been in a cabin for 4 with only 3 people. Just because they remove the person does not mean they have to give up the cabin.

In fact I have had Carnival use a cabin for three when only two have booked, when trying to keep multiple cabins together.

They were already told by Carnival they would have to move. It is before final payment and the higher occupancy cabins have not been released for lesser cruisers yet. They always reserve that right, but the closer it gets to sailing your chances of getting moved go down. However, this far out they cannot be booked in a 3 person cabin for 2.

LOL..... I just came off a CARNIVAL CRUISE this pass weekend and saw with my eyes how they handle it. Not once but four different times.

Once you are assigned a cabin it's yours!! If you pick a four person cabin and only 2 people are in it, what they say no?!?

But I leave it to the the investors of Carnival on here to give the right answers cause the Carnival works don't know!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Show me that in the Carnival handbook......

I shouldn’t have to as it’s common knowledge and it came right from Carnival’s mouth. They are in a cabin for 3 people. If they bump it down to 2, then they no longer meet the cabin criteria and will have to move. Look at a cruise that is before final payment. Search for a cabin for 3 people. Take notes of the numbers. Now search for a cabin for 2. They will be different. Why? Because Carnival is going to hold the higher occupancy cabins as long as possible for the potential to make the most money.

LOL..... I just came off a CARNIVAL CRUISE this pass weekend and saw with my eyes how they handle it. Not once but four different times.

Once you are assigned a cabin it's yours!! If you pick a four person cabin and only 2 people are in it, what they say no?!?

But I leave it to the the investors of Carnival on here to give the right answers cause the Carnival works don't know!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh and once you have a cabin, they can still move you. You aren’t guaranteed any particular one. While it’s rare, they still reserve the right to. This is common knowledge and has even happened to me when I booked a 2 person cabin for myself. But since you insist I and others including Carnival themselves are wrong, here ya go. You can also use the search tool and look up this exact thing on here. Plenty of people will tell you the same thing. I don’t know of a “Carnival handbook” but it’s from your Ticket contract. You may actually want to read it.

g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

I shouldn’t have to as it’s common knowledge and it came right from Carnival’s mouth.

WOW..... I got a good belly laugh from this!! And then you have the contract (Carnival handbook) on hand with ALL the where about too. Carnival is missing out with your knowledge!!

Still that's why they have roll-A-ways (Trundle beds) to put into cabins for more that 2 people....... And I also just came out of a cabin (balcony) that sleep 2+ with a hide away bed, just myself & wife.

You said it best "While it’s rare" ...... 1 out of 1000

I shouldn’t have to as it’s common knowledge and it came right from Carnival’s mouth.

WOW..... I got a good belly laugh from this!! And then you have the contract (Carnival handbook) on hand with ALL the where about too. Carnival is missing out with your knowledge!!

Still that's why they have roll-A-ways (Trundle beds) to put into cabins for more that 2 people....... And I also just came out of a cabin (balcony) that sleep 2+ with a hide away bed, just myself & wife.

You said it best "While it’s rare" ...... 1 out of 1000

Glad I could give you a chuckle although I’m not quite sure what about. OP was told by Carnival that she would have to move cabins at this point by them and you didn’t believe her and, therefore, Carnival.

You can search the ticket contract yourself on Google and also when you book your cruise. I have done enough cruising that I am pretty familiar with it. You may want to brush up on it yourself for future reference.

I was saying it’s rare that once they allow you to book a higher occupancy cabin that you will be moved, but it can and has happened. I wouldn’t put exact odds such as 1 in 1000. However, you can’t book a cabin for more people than you have usually until after final payment and closer to sailing such as in the case of OP. They won’t allow it. Not all cabins have rollaways - only the older ships.