Harmony of the Seas Beverage Discounts

Hi all! My husband and I are sailing out on Harmony September 1 and we are very excited. We've been holding off on purchasing the deluxe beverage package for a deal. I received an email yesterday from Royal that gave us a "buy one get one 50% off" deal for the deluxe beverage package. However, when I add it from the email it still come out to $776 and some change. I think I am missing something here. We called RC customer service last night and asked them about it, but they said the discount is being reflected and that is the correct price. I thought it was around $50-$55 per person, per day? It's a 7 day cruise, so I would imagine it would come out to over $700 without the discount. I'm just confused. Can anyone shed light on this?

Also, when we booked we payed for gratuities upfront, RC told us on the phone that the price we were seeing (the $776) was including gratuites. Isn't that already paid for? Thanks for any help!

First, when you prepay gratuities, they cover your stateroom attendant (and helpers) and your dining staff. They do not cover drinks. Gratuities on drinks are either charged per drink (when you don't have a package) or at the time you purchase a beverage package.

Second, disregard any BOGO or "percent off" marketing BS you see from Royal. Royal uses a different kind of mathematics then we do. Just look at the bottom line price.

Ok thank you, yes I wondered if the gratuities for stateroom attendants and bartenders, etc was separate.

As for the BOGO and everything, I think you are right. They are going to find anyway they can to get a lot of money. I have to say though, drink package always seems worth the peace of mind.

Ah, so that's pretty shady. Charging for onboarding price when I am pre-purchasing....

And even that is BS because they don't even know the onboard price at this point. The people onboard can change it.

The normal price of the drink package is $60 pp, per day. Which is $840 before the gratuity is added. Normally the drink package is on sale at 20% off which makes the cost $48 a day, the buy one get on 50% makes the drink package $45 pp per day. So ultimately it is a savings of $30 a day per couple. Personally I have never seen it lower than the $45 when looking at the Allure, Oasis and the Harmony.