Tipping - Pedal Cabs/Rickshaws

YadaYadaJodi

Hello! Last time I was in Cozumel I bought a big clay pot and so I hired a pedal cab to take me down the long dock (we were on the Carnival Breeze). I asked the guy the price and he said just a good tip. Well, he acted like my tip wasn't enough.

So this time I'm cruising with DH on RCI Liberty of the Seas. He doesn't do well walking long distances and so he might like to use the pedal cabs. So my question is what's a "good tip" for 2 people? 1 person? I honestly want to pay them a fair price but not sure what that amount is. Any thoughts?

TIA!

I like the logic you used to decide on an amount. I can even agree on the $100 per hr considering the times they can do it are very limited.

It's not something that's worth $25 to me at this stage in my life but to my DH it will be.

I definitely know why the cabbie turned his nose up at me. LOL ;p

In any case, as my DH says - when it seems like a lot sometimes you have to consider people's lives compared to yours and figure you should be paying some of it forward anyway. AND using your method of calculating, I don't necessarily think it's a lot for the service that's provided. Thanks for the explanation!

Thanks your help!! :cool: