Please Tell Me About MSC!

richsea

MSC has recently changed its policy on charging for water in the MDR. All bookings made from May 1st 2018 onwards will have water, tea & coffee in the MDR included:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC/Water-Tea-Coffee-Guests.aspx

We sailed on the MSC Divina twice in the past couple of years and were never charged for water (regular tap, not designer) in the Main Dining Room. That said, refills were few and far between. :(

We sailed on the MSC Divina twice in the past couple of years and were never charged for water (regular tap, not designer) in the Main Dining Room. That said, refills were few and far between. :(

As I said in my post immediately before your one - on US sailings! Also, only US (and Canadian?) customers got free bottled water in other regions up until this change.

Not according to the article on the subject, P:

"This offer is available on ALL new bookings made from 1st May 2018 and will be available to all guests on all our ships".

I asked MSC in Austria (where I am at the moment), "all guests" when written on the Irish webpage means "all Irish guests". They don´t know and care what MSC Ireland or MSC USA is offering, something like this will not happen in Central Europe in the near future. But more mealtime drinks included promos are available this summer.

Can anyone make the dining options clear? I’m also new to MSC and sail on Seaview in 2019. Are there multiple options for breakfast, lunch and dinner or is it just the main dining room and buffet which is included in the rate? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked MSC in Austria (where I am at the moment), "all guests" when written on the Irish webpage means "all Irish guests". They don´t know and care what MSC Ireland or MSC USA is offering, something like this will not happen in Central Europe in the near future. But more mealtime drinks included promos are available this summer.

Thanks for getting that clarified, P. I'm fairly certain that it applies to UK bookings, too. However, the wording is disingenuous! This is what's shown under 'Onboard Services' beneath all prices on our website, now:

HOT DRINKS AND WATER INCLUDED (603)

603 is obviously a code that's added to Irish & UK bookings.

I've noticed over the last couple of years that the all-inclusive package is very often offered as a promotion for balcony cabin bookings here and the mealtime for lower category cabin bookings.

Edited by Beamafar

Can anyone make the dining options clear? I’m also new to MSC and sail on Seaview in 2019. Are there multiple options for breakfast, lunch and dinner or is it just the main dining room and buffet which is included in the rate? Thanks

Just the MDR and buffet; the other dining venues are for charge (though the snack food in the Sports Bar might be free - if they do, indeed, serve snacks?)

From my reading, this is true. They only serve bottled water in the MDRs, for which there is a charge.

This specific water item is not nickel and diming. In Mediterraneen countries like Italy and Spain they always serve bottled water in restaurants. So it is more a cultural thing. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums