Disembarkation at Brooklyn

Chelseagirls

Arriving Brooklyn on 3rd August for a three night stay in New York. Ive booked a package which includes transfers to/from my hotel. Taxi is picking me up at 11. If I disembark earlier and then have to wait, are there any facilities after disembarkation.

Thanks

Hi Chelseagirl, My understanding is that there are always plenty of NYC taxis available upon disembarkation at Red Hook. If you disembark significantly earlier than your taxi appointment and decide to take an available taxi, you could always then cancel your original taxi appointment, en route.

Alternatively, if you don't have too much luggage to handle and the weather is nice, you could take the NYC Ferry to Wall St/Pier 11. What a great way to approach and lower Manhattan. The ferry stop is literally only 200 feet from the front door of the Red Hook terminal (3 min. walk). The NYC Ferry runs every 20-30 minutes. It's clearly signed and posted. The ticket machines are easy to use, and it's only $2.75 one-way.

Upon arrival to Manhattan at Pier 11, I would simply get an Uber or Lyft to your final destination. You would want to download the Uber or Lyft app and create an account before leaving home. Super easy.

Granted, the ferry idea may not be an option for you, but for others reading this...it may.

Here's a link to a YouTube Video showing the short walk from the terminal to the ferry.

Here's a link to the NYC Ferry website:

https://www.ferry.nyc/

Here's a link to Google Maps showing the 3 minute walk from the front doors of the terminal to the ferry:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.6819975,-74.014694/40.680956,-74.0133636/@40.6782156,-74.0363385,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e2?hl=en

Happy Travels!

Hi Chelseagirl, My understanding is that there are always plenty of NYC taxis available upon disembarkation at Red Hook. If you disembark significantly earlier than your taxi appointment and decide to take an available taxi, you could always then cancel your original taxi appointment, en route.

Alternatively, if you don't have too much luggage to handle and the weather is nice, you could take the NYC Ferry to Wall St/Pier 11. What a great way to approach and lower Manhattan. The ferry stop is literally only 200 feet from the front door of the Red Hook terminal (3 min. walk). The NYC Ferry runs every 20-30 minutes. It's clearly signed and posted. The ticket machines are easy to use, and it's only $2.75 one-way.

Upon arrival to Manhattan at Pier 11, I would simply get an Uber or Lyft to your final destination. You would want to download the Uber or Lyft app and create an account before leaving home. Super easy.

Granted, the ferry idea may not be an option for you, but for others reading this...it may.

Here's a link to a YouTube Video showing the short walk from the terminal to the ferry.

Here's a link to the NYC Ferry website:

https://www.ferry.nyc/

Here's a link to Google Maps showing the 3 minute walk from the front doors of the terminal to the ferry:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.6819975,-74.014694/40.680956,-74.0133636/@40.6782156,-74.0363385,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e2?hl=en

Happy Travels!

Thanks for the information, very useful

There is probably a bathroom somewhere, but refreshments??? As they say in Brooklyn...Fahgeddaboutit! I probably spelled that wrong. Brooklynese is a foreign language for poor me.

If you take the ferry from Red Hook, are there taxis where you depart the ferry in Manhattan?

Thanks.

It might be hit or miss, depending on day of week, etc. .. which is why I would recommend Uber or Lyft as an option.