Have questions on Constellation

SF

1. We're thinking of booking the Constellation and I needed to know what hours the buffet is open for breakfast and lunch. Also, is there a buffet for dinner if you don't want to eat in the dining room? What times are the dining room open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (second seating)? We've sailed with Celebrity several times in the past but not recently. Been doing more RCCL and Princess lately. We're so use to coming from our day in port and always having a buffet open was wondering if it's the same with Celebrity.

2. Can someone tell me more about the Cirque show. Do you need tickets, is it offered more than once? What about the Cirque Masquerade Party, do you need to get tickets ahead of time?

3. What type of activities do they have during the day while at sea and at port? Anyone have a compass or sheets I can look over?

Thanks for your help in advance. Don't know what I'd do without these boards. You all make planning a cruise so much easier.

Will try to answer some of your question.

Buffet Brfst Early Raisers starts at 6:30 AM with main Buffet at 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM w/special corners -- Eggs, Omelettes, & Waffels

Lunch Buffet at 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM w/ special corners for Pasta, Salads & Pizza (These are open till 1:00 AM)

No buffets at night -- Dinner is main dinning room early(6:00 PM) & late (8:30 PM) or casual dining 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM by reservations in theWaterFall Cafe. Note special corners that open at 12:00 noon are open till 1:00 AM in the morning.

There is food served in other areas -- like pool and etc. So many that it would take you a week to visit them all.

There is food of some type served from 6:30 AM to 1:00 AM, Room service is 24 hours.

Times may vary due to port departure times.

Cirque show is only once during cruise, one each for early & late Dining. It last about 30 minutes and is outstanding. A notice of the show will be in the daily paper. Don't miss it and go early if you want a seat. It is free and so is the White Ball.

Activities -- 100's too many to name -- computer schools to cooking.

JORAY was right on the money about dining. I also suggest trying the AquaSpa Cafe for lunch, which is outstanding! On my cruise in November, I decided to alternate having lunch there and in the San Marco Restaurant (main dining) in order to meet new people each day.

As for specific activities, there is always a trivia match a couple of times a day, ballroom and other dancing lessons/pointers, bridge, cooking demonstrations, invited guest lecturers, wonderful Photoshop computer classes, talks in the spa on fitness and beauty, movies in the cinema a couple of times a day, craft classes, art lectures (in addition to those at the sale events), book lover gatherings, flower arranging classes, golf, basketball, running/walking early each morning, bingo, afternoon tea, poolside battle of the sexes games, fitness classes, wine tasting events, ... and those are just the things I can name off the top of my head!

You will love the ship!

Happy Trails-

Thanks to all for answering my questions and posting the link.

Just kind of concerned and wondering whether to book this ship after reading several posts that the water coming out of the sink in the cabins is "yellow". Anyone know about that?

I was on the Constellation In November for my second time and just booked it again for next December. The ship is simply fantastic! It's my favorite ship. I have no idea about the yellow water. I recall some postings about it and there was some discoloration from the pipes or something like that. I never had a problem with the water though.

Was on the ship in Dec and the water, at times, had a slight tint to it if you let it fill up in the sink, but other than that, I didnt notice any problems with it. No smell, or severe discoloration. I've seen tinted water at my aunts house and in town here in Tampa before so it wasnt really an issue. I drink from the caraffe in the room and not the sink anyway. For brushing teeth it was fine.

Archived