Tourist Card for Cuba

casofilia

We are intending to visit Cuba on the Sky.

We are travelling on NZ Passports and wonder how we will get our Tourist Cards for Cuba.

Do NCL get the cards for all passengers? If so, at what cost? If not, where would we obtain them?

Thank you

Mike

NCL will arrange the tourist card for you, the last I heard they charge USD$75. If there is a Cuban consulate near you, you can try to find out how much it would cost to arrange it yourself (but make sure they know you will be traveling directly from the US to Cuba, because that requires a more expensive tourist card).

There are a few countries that have visa-free travel to Cuba, and a few others that require an actual visa. But New Zealand is like the US (and Canada, and the UK, …) and all you need to do is purchase the correct tourist card. The easiest way is to get it through NCL.

The easiest way is just let the ship do it for you. As previous posters have said I believe the cost is 75 per person. You may be able to get the visa in your home country through the Cuban embassy, not sure if it would be any cheaper.

Mike,

These darn VISA and PASSPORT fees are getting out of hand.

I see you are a Pommy by birth, I remember my first passport cost me a whopping 4/6d back in 1971.

Remember that money designation.....lol...lol.....shows how old I am. lol

How times and the World have changed, no?

The Cuba one is "cheap"!!! Try getting one for India or China!! But yes it does cost a lot wherever you want to go. The cheapest is Canada. The USA isn't too bad for an ESTA, pity it only lasts 2 years.

We were even luckier, we migrated to NZ in 1969 and NZ paid for our new UK passports!!

NZ passports were a real rip off when they really only lasted 4.5 years; at least they have gone back to 9.5 years!!