Ports of call info in Greece needed

Hi

Does anyone know what there is to do in these ports - i.e nice beach or town etc - places of interest not to miss ( but not historic/museums) - also beach etc that is easy to diy, not far. Have been to a couple.

Koper

Skiathos

Pireuas - Been to Athens

Argostoli - Kefalonia

Corfu - Corfu old town

Kusadasi - been to ladies beach and ephesus

Thank you

Skiathos Town is lovely to walk round, or get a bus to stop No 16, very nice beach. Or stay on to the end (about 1/2 hour bus stop 32) and you will be at Koukinaris...a long sand beach gently shelving water. Argastoli nice tio walk round or perhaps take in a tour that perhaps includes the big nunnery where they make the wine, forget it's name and perhaps the village where Captain Correlli's mandolin was made. Corfu Town again is lovely to just walk round.

Pireuas - Been to Athens

Argostoli - Kefalonia

Corfu - Corfu old town

Kusadasi - been to ladies beach and ephesus

Thank you

We've been to Athens twice and wandered, found different sites each time

Argostoli is lovely to stroll around. If you head left from the dock towards the bridge you can see turtles in the sea. We had a hire car waiting at the ship and drove to Myrtos beach where Captain Correlli was filmed

Corfu town is lovely to wander round, about half hour walk or there are buses and taxis waiting by the dock gate

Koper old town is pretty but very small. On the dockside was a tour company selling timed bus tours to Piran- very pretty and sea-sidey. Or I believe there is a local service bus that goes there.

We did the bus tour, enjoyed it very much, and had time to look around Koper as well. Tour stops on the way for photo opportunity, leaves you in Piran for 2 hours, then back through a resort area. Guide on bus but not in Piran. This is the link

http://www.istranka.si/en/shore-excursions-koper/english-hop-on-hop-off/

If several ships in port it may get booked up.

I'm from Kefalonia so feel free to ask me anything you need to know about the island! First of all, Argostoli, the capital city of Kefalonia has Lithostroto which is It is the place that local people drink coffee, make serenades and here is the place where the customs of local tradition are revived. It starts from Kampana Square and and reaches almost to the central square of Argostoli, Vallianos’ Square. Apart from the various shops, you will find the church of Saint Spyridon with its beautiful carved gold temple and the Catholic church of Saint Nicholas. At the end of Lithostroto you will see “Kefalos“, the grand theater of Kefalonia. Also near the sea you can see turtles and take some photos. The place has been recently reformed with palm trees and pebbles. Also the main square of Argostoli was recently reformed and has many caffes. The port where you will dock is about 5-10 minutes by walking to the main city. But, in my opinion you shoud try and hire a taxi with other cruisers (the best choice for money around 60 euros totally I think) or take an excursion (costly but safe option). Best places to see is 1. Melissani and Drogarati Caves. Melissani cave has an underground lake which is open from above and the rays from the sun make the water so clear you think your boat is flying and not floating (best time to visit around 12) 2. Myrtos Beach is the most famous beach on the island but I dunno you will have the opportunity to swim there cause of the time limit. But it has spectacular scenery for sure and this place is a must for some photos. 3. Rombola winery and Saint Gerasimos monastery.

You can taste local wines among them the famous Robola first and then you can visit the monastery where the island’s patron saint and his relics are kept in a silver sarcophagus which is opened during services for the congregation to kiss his feet .Set in the Omala valley ,known for its robola vineyards,the monastery is the island’s largest and more majestic ,with a splendid bell-tower build in the architectural style peculiar to the Ionian Islands. This is the top 3 choices of places to visit in Kefalonia in my opinion and I think only by taxi you can visit all of them. Other places of interest: Sami (where Captain Corelli's mandolin was filmed), Agia Efimia (beautiful fishing village), Fiscardo (another picturesque village which many celebrities usually visit every summer but it's the the most time consuming to reach village cause it's too far away from Argostoli) and if you decide to stay in Argostoli you can take the local bus (very cheap) to go to the nearest beaches Makris or Platis Gialos with beach bars and water sports. I hoped I helped you with this info about my island and I wish you a nice cruise! Everything else you need, you can ask me!