Local Sim card options in Paris

cpl100

We are cruising in September and will be in Sorrento, Italy for a week prior and Paris, France for 6 days post cruise. The cruise stops are Italy, France and Spain.

Last time I was in Rome we were able to buy a local Sim card which served us for all of Italy for about 30 Euros. We purchased it in downtown Rome from a place recommended to me here on CC.

My questions are these:

Does anyone know if there is an option that will work both in Italy and France (and how to get it either in Sorrento or at the airport when we change planes in FCO). We would no have time to go through immigration and then security at FCO to get it so it would have to be in the transfer area.

Failing that, does anyone have experience purchasing a good, reasonable plan in Paris(I will ask in the Italy boards about Italy).

I have Verizon and the charge is usually $10 per day overseas which can really add up so want to check for a cheaper option if available.

Thanks very much for any and all help. And have a great day!

I had bought a Lebara card at a grocery store in the UK last trip. Their site says international coverage but I am not sure what it includes. We will be traveling in the same areas plus UK next year and will be looking for SIM cards as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Orange has a Europe holiday sim last for 14 days with 10GB of data 40 euros

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just purchased this on Amazon for $50USD free shipping, so I have it in hand for our October cruise. 10gb, talk and text and you can use your phone as a hotspot with it too.

I just purchased this on Amazon for $50USD free shipping, so I have it in hand for our October cruise. 10gb, talk and text and you can use your phone as a hotspot with it too.

From what I have been reading on these forums, the ones that are purchased on Amazon have to be validated/initiated or whatever BEFORE you leave for your trip. I suggest you check this out.

Note, I have not purchased one but have been researching my options and this information stuck in my head.

From what I have been reading on these forums, the ones that are purchased on Amazon have to be validated/initiated or whatever BEFORE you leave for your trip. I suggest you check this out.

Note, I have not purchased one but have been researching my options and this information stuck in my head.

Accordingly my to the frequently asked questions on the item I purchased (these are answered by people who have purchased and used the item before) all you do is put it in your phone when you land and it works

( I recommend Orange Holiday. Being able to call right after we arrived in Paris was convenient. We inserted the SIM card into our iPhone 6s as soon as the plane landed. By the time the plane reached the gate we had the phone working)