Early Access to Stateroom and Debarkation - Platinum

dorchrislen

Hoping some platinum/diamond cruisers can help me out...

I'm having trouble figuring out how to take advantage of this advertised benefit.

When I get on board and go toward our cabin to quickly drop off our carryon/backpacks, I find partitions with signs saying the cabins will be available after 1pm. Are those of us that get the early access benefit supposed to go somewhere different, just go in anyway, or what?

Also confused about priority debarkation. How does that work? I never saw any instructions on and just ended up in the very long line with our zone number being called. But I hear about a separate waiting area? Is that at a standard location or do I need to go to Guest Services on each cruise to find out the location and time to go there on debarkation day?

Thanks!

Platinum, Diamonds, and FTTF may go through the doors, disregarding signage. I know-- it's strange.

You should get a letter delivered to your cabin, on last evening, with the debark location and times for Platinums.

Just to add, sometimes the staff will tend to direct you to the wrong debarkation room.

Just follow the directions on the letter you received ;)

Sometimes when debarkation starts they kind of forget to tell the folks in the loyalty debarkation room. We have learned to watch what is going on to know when debarkation actually starts

Sometimes when debarkation starts they kind of forget to tell the folks in the loyalty debarkation room. We have learned to watch what is going on to know when debarkation actually starts

True ' date='but [u']I don't think they forget[/u]. I think some of the staff members have taken it among themselves for amusement.

It has happened to me more than once that the room steward has forgotten my priority disembarkation letter as well as my Diamond/Platinum party invitation. Unfortunately, you sometimes have to ask about it at guest services. A few weeks ago on the Dream, I didn't get any information about priority tendering in Grand Cayman. I knew enough to go to guest services and they were surprised I didn't get a letter. They printed off the appropriate letter and for the rest of the cruise, I got everything I was supposed to. When I asked about the Diamond/Platinum party, the fairly new person at guest services told me she thought it was only for diamond. I told her to double check that and she called a few minutes later to tell me she was incorrect.

Good luck!

It has happened to me more than once that the room steward has forgotten my priority disembarkation letter as well as my Diamond/Platinum party invitation. Unfortunately, you sometimes have to ask about it at guest services. A few weeks ago on the Dream, I didn't get any information about priority tendering in Grand Cayman. I knew enough to go to guest services and they were surprised I didn't get a letter. They printed off the appropriate letter and for the rest of the cruise, I got everything I was supposed to. When I asked about the Diamond/Platinum party, the fairly new person at guest services told me she thought it was only for diamond. I told her to double check that and she called a few minutes later to tell me she was incorrect.

Good luck!

Yep ,noticed several events where people were simply misinformed by untrained staff.

There have been a couple of cruises when the door to the cabins was locked and no one could get in including D&P. Guess they got tired of everyone just walking right in and trying to get to their cabins, makes it very difficult for the stewards to stop and check IDs.

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 2:04 AM, ccruisequeen said:

Since they’ve updated the p/d boarding process, I keep my boarding passes available, since our SS cards should be waiting for us at the door. Keep flashing it until they stop fighting you.

Good idea.

On 7/1/2018 at 12:13 PM, BJs mom said:

There have been a couple of cruises when the door to the cabins was locked and no one could get in including D&P. Guess they got tired of everyone just walking right in and trying to get to their cabins, makes it very difficult for the stewards to stop and check IDs.

The Fire Doors are never locked.