80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party advise.

drisinger

"something fluro for our 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party"

Is this 80's party for all cruises to Mexico? And if so what should we pack to wear? It sounds like a good time.What are your thoughts on this 80's Rock and Glow Deck Party, was it fun? Can anyone share what this looks like? We are traveling on the Splendor to Mexico 7 day in August and may just want to hit this party prepared.

Thanks!!

THEME NIGHTS ONBOARD

Theme nights are part of the fun onboard and feature on all Carnival cruises:

For itineraries three (3) days or less you will have one Mexican Fiesta Deck Party.

For itineraries four - five (4-5) days, there will be one 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party.

For itineraries of six (6) days or more there will be two deck parties onboard so pack a sombrero for the Mexican Fiesta Deck Party and/or something fluro for our 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party. There will also be a Caribbean/Island Theme Night in the dining room.

Be ready to dance, sing and party the night away. We do not sell any costume merchandise onboard our ships, so it is best to come prepared and pack something before you leave.

No need to dress specifically for this 1 hour Lido deck event or any other deck or dance club parties. Though the theme can be fun, very few bring anything special to wear to it. Unlike other ships the Splendor does have a few black spotlights around the balcony of the Lido pool that will make anything white or neon "pop" more than other colors you will see a couple of people with shirts incorporating neon designs, but since most FunSquads do pass out glow bracelets &/or glow wands that seems to be enough for the rest of passengers.

Yes you will most likely have an 80's glow party on your 7 night cruise.

Personally, I'd focus on the glow party more than the 80's part if you're looking to pack something special. Amazon sells tubes of glow necklaces and bracelets - it's fun to have a whole bunch extra for your group - especially is you get something special like the glow glasses or a glow wig.

We just did a 7-day Eastern Caribbean aboard the Glory earlier this month. I watched the 80's glow party from a deck up. I wouldn't say there's anything more special about this one than others. They started with the live band that played throughout the cruise. They sang some 80's songs for a half hour, then the DJ took over when the Fun Squad came out. They threw out glow sticks, necklaces, & rings. Lead the crowd in dancing for 15-20 minutes, then left and turned it back over to the live band. The party pretty much died at that point. I love 80's music, that's why I went, but other than that, it was just like all of their other Lido deck parties.

We just did a 7-day Eastern Caribbean aboard the Glory earlier this month. I watched the 80's glow party from a deck up. I wouldn't say there's anything more special about this one than others. They started with the live band that played throughout the cruise. They sang some 80's songs for a half hour, then the DJ took over when the Fun Squad came out. They threw out glow sticks, necklaces, & rings. Lead the crowd in dancing for 15-20 minutes, then left and turned it back over to the live band. The party pretty much died at that point. I love 80's music, that's why I went, but other than that, it was just like all of their other Lido deck parties.

Yep, this. People seem to have a good time but they are overhyped.

Seems we are casually late to these, and all glow stuff is already distributed. So we bring our own.....dancing and drinking even an hour or two on the high seas, cannot so this at home. So enjoy the moments! :cool: