Meet and Greet Activities

Sailaway John

I was extremely disappointed with the M&G I had arranged last month on the Crown. I wrote out letters to a dozen of the officers, hand addressed to each and gave them to the passenger services desk as soon as boarding to have them delivered. The M&G was set for the next day and had been "on the books" with Princess for months. Only three officers showed up (naturally, the CD who was the only one that spoke). No senior officers. And, yes, one person in our large group was insensitive/ignorant enough to talk about filling her private tour before the officers left the M&G. I've never had or seen that happen before. Sigh...

Hope our next one in a few days goes better. Thankfully, I did not plan this one...

That sure was disappointing after your effort and personalization of the invites....2 things I did which I think helped to have more participation, was I gave Guest Relations, 13-15 unaddressed invites and let the activities director decide who to give them to(figured they would know who not to waste an invite on) and I let the ship schedule the time of the M&G(they know when officers are usually available).

Recently on 2 cruises I learned 2 things the CDs never got my invites as the M&G is entered on their schedule and

I also learned from an M&G, I attended in November, if you do not invite the officers none will show.

I was extremely disappointed with the M&G I had arranged last month on the Crown. I wrote out letters to a dozen of the officers, hand addressed to each and gave them to the passenger services desk as soon as boarding to have them delivered. The M&G was set for the next day and had been "on the books" with Princess for months. Only three officers showed up (naturally, the CD who was the only one that spoke). No senior officers.

Assuming they wanted to attend, some invited officers might not be able to due to work responsibilities. For example, the hotel manager has a daily meeting with his senior staff or the executive chef may be busy with meal preparation.