8/9/2018 Nassau Freeport

plstark1

You won't see much discussion about ports on this board, because any threads about ports get moved pretty quickly. I've never been to Freeport, but have been to Nassau quite a few times. I always enjoy Nassau, even though some here would have you believe it is the armpit of the Caribbean. You can find plenty of worthwhile things to do there. We really enjoyed the Atlantis tour. Last time there, we went to Twin Brothers restaurant. The conch salad was really good. There is shopping, of course, and beaches, and the straw market is a must see for first timers. In short, don't allow others here to discourage you. Is it my favorite port? No, but for a first time cruiser Nassau can be pretty exciting. For a seasoned cruiser, with a good attitude, it can remain enjoyable as well. Happy cruising!

We went on a glass bottom boat tour out of Freeport several years ago. Got some pretty cool pictures of sharks when the boat captain lured them with bait on a rope. That was our very first cruise and everything was exciting to us. We were there on a Sunday and a lot of things at port were closed but they bussed us in to a village marina area that had shopping and the place where we met the tour boat.

I agree with the above though... search your ship name and sail date on social media and you'll probably find a roll call. Most likely one here at cruise critic too.

Oh and we still get excited by every port we sail to....even ones we've seen before. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app