Walking to Port Everglades terminal 2?

cedarmom

Our ship will be departing from terminal 2 at Port Everglades. There are two cruise ships in port that day so not super busy. Normally we Uber/taxi it. However, we are staying directly across 17th at the Renaissance this time. Looking at the distance, it looks like 6 blocks max? It seems ridiculous to wait on a car. We are a party of two with two rolling suitcases and in our early 40s-decent shape. I've been to the port several times, and if I remember correctly terminal two is before the main gate checkpoint. Is it crazy to just walk it? Is that even allowed?

We walked from Celebrity at Port 2 in February to 17th St., sidewalks most of the way, all flat. We had most of the day to kill so walked in to have lunch at the Raw Seafood Bar and then nabbed a taxi to a/ p in the afternoon. We're in our late 60's.

take the taxi. Because Port Everglades is a commercial port. You'll have enter thru security that be away from the terminal.

According to Google Maps, it's 1400+/- feet from the Renaissance (great hotel BTW) to the Security Gate nearest T2, and another 700 ft to the terminal. It's easily walked, weather permitting, and I don't imagine there is much of an issue with "walk-ups" arriving at the Security Checkpoint heading for the ship, it probably happens many times a day. Every time we've driven down Eisenhower Blvd heading for T2, we've seen people pulling suitcases in either direction.

Depends on the heat/humidity factor that particular day. As you're aware, you walk thru a treeless industrial area, and pulling a suitcase adds to the exertion and heat factor.

Roz

We walked back from the ship to the Renaissance last February and found the walk to be fine. A very helpful lady in the taxi area gave us directions and we were on basically flat sidewalk the entire way. And... we are late 60's/early 70's!!

We walked back from the ship to the Renaissance last February and found the walk to be fine. A very helpful lady in the taxi area gave us directions and we were on basically flat sidewalk the entire way. And... we are late 60's/early 70's!!

Good for you! I like to hear stories like that.

Roz

I don’t think you will have a problem walking. The port authorities have moved the security checkpoint further along Eisenhower Blvd, so now it is not necessary to go through it if going to berth 2 from SE 17th St.

Port Everglades map https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf

Awesome. Thank you all! That some of you have done it makes me think I'm not crazy for not wanting to wait on a car for such a ridiculous distance. With our normal cruising party, we would take a shuttle, but with just the two of us, walking seems like a better way to go. :cool: