Smoking Policy on Celebrity Ships

SanFranBayCruiser

It's been a while since we've sailed Celebrity and we're trying to pull a group together for the holidays for 2006. Many members of our group are smokers. Can someone tell me the latest smoking policy on Celebrity? We already know public areas (dinning room, theater, etc) are off limits, but, how about smoking in the cabin? Any updated information is appreciated.

Smoking is allowed in the cabins. I don't think there are any cruise lines yet that have non-smoking cabins. As for the remainder of the ship, it is basically divided in half with smoking allowed on one side and not allowed on the other. For example, I was just on the Constellation. If you were out on deck you could smoke on the left (port) side of the ship but not on the right (starboard) side of the ship. The lounge areas that span the width of the ship indoors are the same.

And I might add that when people smoke in the cabins, the hallway smells of smoke - sometimes it's scary to think that there may be a fire on the ship, especially when one reads the statistics about fires started while smoking in bed. It's certainly safer to smoke on the decks and side of the ship where it's allowed. Please note that I'm not suggesting that you not smoke, but rather that it be safe for everyone.

Can someone tell me the latest smoking policy on Celebrity?

Yes, as previously mentioned, this has been discussed.

That said, specifically in reference to the latest policy, and not knowing how long it has been since you cruised Celebrity, my reaction is, at least over the course of a 7 year span, the policy has not changed at all. With one exception being Michael's club not being a cigar lounge on M-class.

Smoking is allowed in the cabins. I don't think there are any cruise lines yet that have non-smoking cabins.

Oceania and Disney do not allow smoking in the cabins. The latter allows smoking on the balconies, though.

Archived