Magic review 6/25 sailing

Hoosierpop

There are lots of good, detailed reviews on the Magic out there. This won’t be one (good or detailed), so feel free to skip. And some of these aren’t specific to the Magic but Carnival in general. So there’s that.

The Good

1) the entertainment was really good. Christian did a good job with the trivia. Playlist seemed better than normal. The singers around the ship were awesome. And good comedians. I know that changes a lot but we really had a good time in terms of entertainment.

2) the MDR service was good. Had Marko as a head waiter. They worked hard.

3) Tandoor. No idea why that isn’t more popular but I’m sure it’ll be gone soon.

The bad

1) the lido floor seemed slippery. That is easily fixable. So fix it, Carnival

2) the drink service needs work. I know that is a popular complaint and it’s true. I don’t mind finding a place to get drinks. But I shouldn’t have to every time. It’s nice

3) hate to say this but Cookie the cruise director needs to cut down on the number and length of announcements. I Don’t need the fun times read to me every hour.

Overall, it was a great cruise because the things I like, Carnival did well.

And to Natalyia from the Alchemy bar, have a great wedding and life after Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are lots of good, detailed reviews on the Magic out there. This won’t be one (good or detailed), so feel free to skip. And some of these aren’t specific to the Magic but Carnival in general. So there’s that.

The Good

1) the entertainment was really good. Christian did a good job with the trivia. Playlist seemed better than normal. The singers around the ship were awesome. And good comedians. I know that changes a lot but we really had a good time in terms of entertainment.

2) the MDR service was good. Had Marko as a head waiter. They worked hard.

3) Tandoor. No idea why that isn’t more popular but I’m sure it’ll be gone soon.

The bad

1) the lido floor seemed slippery. That is easily fixable. So fix it, Carnival

2) the drink service needs work. I know that is a popular complaint and it’s true. I don’t mind finding a place to get drinks. But I shouldn’t have to every time. It’s nice

3) hate to say this but Cookie the cruise director needs to cut down on the number and length of announcements. I Don’t need the fun times read to me every hour.

Overall, it was a great cruise because the things I like, Carnival did well.

And to Natalyia from the Alchemy bar, have a great wedding and life after Carnival.

Thanks for the review. We are on the next sailing (7 July) so all feedback is appreciated. Especially thanks for the heads up on the slippery floors on the lido deck. We experienced that on the Breeze a few years ago and we saw several people almost fall.

Do you remember all the Alchemy bar mixologists? How was the atmosphere there? We like to spend a lot of time there so the personalities of the mixologists is very important to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the same sailing.

I really enjoyed the Tandoor as well as the Vegetarian Indian selection in the MDR. No, I'm not vegetarian, but with the number of Indian staff members on board, I trust them to get it right ;). The sauces at the Tandoor were so good and we loved the fish on that bar as well as some of the veggie selections. Plus, there was never a line at the Tandoor.

I hope Carnival doesn't get rid of it but I could see that happening with the lack of use, unfortunately. I never saw anyone order the Indian selection in the MDR either, but when I did people at my table said it looked good and always debated ordering it the next night (but they never did).

I also found the Lido deck slippery, especially near the pool, and was super glad not to wake up to Cookie's announcements this morning. Seems like all the cruise directors make more announcements than they used to a few years ago, so I'm not sure if it's just him or maybe a Carnival thing.

Do you remember all the Alchemy bar mixologists? How was the atmosphere there? We like to spend a lot of time there so the personalities of the mixologists is very important to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, I don’t remember their names. But the The staff at the alchemy bar was great. Didn’t take too long to get drinks and the atmosphere was awesome. Just wish it opened earlier in the day.

We were on the same sailing.

I really enjoyed the Tandoor as well as the Vegetarian Indian selection in the MDR. No, I'm not vegetarian, but with the number of Indian staff members on board, I trust them to get it right ;). The sauces at the Tandoor were so good and we loved the fish on that bar as well as some of the veggie selections. Plus, there was never a line at the Tandoor.

I hope Carnival doesn't get rid of it but I could see that happening with the lack of use, unfortunately. I never saw anyone order the Indian selection in the MDR either, but when I did people at my table said it looked good and always debated ordering it the next night (but they never did).

I also found the Lido deck slippery, especially near the pool, and was super glad not to wake up to Cookie's announcements this morning. Seems like all the cruise directors make more announcements than they used to a few years ago, so I'm not sure if it's just him or maybe a Carnival thing.

We also loved the tandoori on the Breeze, one of our favorite places to grab lunch. Really looking forward to it on the Magic in September!

We also loved the tandoori on the Breeze, one of our favorite places to grab lunch. Really looking forward to it on the Magic in September!

Yeah, there was never a line. 648 people in line at guys. None at tandoori. The deli also rarely had a long line.

In fact, I didn’t encounter long lines this cruise.

Yeah, there was never a line. 648 people in line at guys. None at tandoori. The deli also rarely had a long line.

In fact, I didn’t encounter long lines this cruise.

Honestly, Guy's was the only line I remember the whole cruise.

Then I discovered the deli's fries. I also loved the tomato, mozzerella, and arugala grilled sandwich at the deli.