Category V Balcony (Angled)

Chrisfromco

Thanks to your help on the forums we've decided to give Holland America a try. We are looking at the Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Eurodam in December. There are 2 category "V" available that have an angled balcony. We have had the angled balcony on Celebrity before and enjoyed the extra space. It's less than $100 difference versus other cabins on deck 6. Does anybody have any experience with this balcony type? I'm thinking of getting the spa pass and the dining package that lets you try the 3 specialties. Still debating on the beverage package. Any other advice? Thanks again for all your help!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been in the corresponding SY on that deck that has the bent balcony and would not hesitate to get a cabin with that kind of balcony on deck 6 again. That deck has nice size balconies, deep enough to stretch out some. Very comfy.

The hydropool/thermal suite pass to me is so worth it on Vista and Signature class ships! So luxurious. If you like spa-ing, and I certainly do, go for it. On the smaller ships, I don't bother as the space to me is not as relaxing.

As for dining, very ymmv. But HALs specialty restaurants have never not been good on our cruises. And if you enjoy steak, Pinnacle Grill is a must. Pinnacle lunch is also very nice.

If the beverage package is more a cost savings decision versus a convenience factor, do a cost analysis using all the wonderful beverage menus posted by poster Crew News at http://www.rogerjett-photography.com remembering that you can "carry on" unlimited wine for consumption anywhere assuming you pay the corkage on each bottle at embarkation. For us, both cost and convenience are making us think the beverage package is very viable for us now.

We have been in the corresponding SY on that deck that has the bent balcony and would not hesitate to get a cabin with that kind of balcony on deck 6 again. That deck has nice size balconies, deep enough to stretch out some. Very comfy.

I keep reading about the SY's on Deck 6. We booked one on Deck 7. Are they the same as on Deck 6?

I keep reading about the SY's on Deck 6. We booked one on Deck 7. Are they the same as on Deck 6?

From what I see of cabin pics the deck 6 and deck 7 SYs look alike. I don't know the verandah depth in deck 7 but it should be the same. On deck 6 there are 2 SYs and 2 SZs in that location as opposed to 4 SYs in deck 7.

I am not sure why there are different category letters for the same size staterooms - SZ and SS when they are on the same deck and fairly close to each other.:confused: And why is the SY less expensive than the other categories if the stateroom has the extra room? Does that make the veranda smaller than the other Signature Suites?

After looking closer, those V Cabins were the "Accessible" ones. We decided to go with an AFT facing cabin on deck 6. (6166) Will be the first time we've tried one on any line. I had a hard time finding information on these cabins, so I will make sure to take lots of pictures and report back. I am really looking forward to trying HAL. Thanks again for everyone's help!!