Detailed, Multi-part review of Royal Princess June 18th British Isles Cruise

MrsEmmaPeel

What a wonderful review -- thanks so much! We leave this weekend for the British Isles cruise with Glasgow overnight. Just wondered since we've done many cruise lines but this is our first Princess: how formal are the formal nights? When we first began cruising it was tuxedos and now sports jackets seem fine. Is that the case here?

Thank you!

There was a wide range in the MDR for the format nights. I wore a dark suit, my father wore a shirt and tie. My wife wore a formal, my daughters wore nice dresses or very nice tops and skirts, and my mother wore a nice top and slacks. None of us felt out of place. There were tuxedos, but I would estimate <20%.

Sports jackets were NOT out of place at all on our cruise for formal nights.

What a wonderful review -- thanks so much! We leave this weekend for the British Isles cruise with Glasgow overnight. Just wondered since we've done many cruise lines but this is our first Princess: how formal are the formal nights? When we first began cruising it was tuxedos and now sports jackets seem fine. Is that the case here?

Well that was wonderful! We leave for this trip in 2 weeks & I literally printed a ton of stuff for our family to go over! Thank You so much! Mom wants to know if you recall them offering the Wine package for your trip? I know you brought some on, & maybe we can do that if they arent offering the package..?

We never looked at/for the wine package, but I am pretty sure I recall them trying to sell us one on the first night of the cruise in the MDR.

Well that was wonderful! We leave for this trip in 2 weeks & I literally printed a ton of stuff for our family to go over! Thank You so much! Mom wants to know if you recall them offering the Wine package for your trip? I know you brought some on, & maybe we can do that if they arent offering the package..?

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to my home town of Ballycastle. I agree with your observations about the National Trust and their impact on The Causeway. Currently they are attempting to block free access via a well known right if way which you can imagine has enraged us locals and tourists alike.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/2/2018 at 7:58 PM, MrsEmmaPeel said:

. NOTE – your passports are taken from you at checkin until Dublin, so make copies before you leave for the cruise for safety. Also, at embarkation, we each carried our wine bottle in our backpack. No mention was made of them at all. We didn’t even see an alcohol check-in desk. We DID see alcohol check-in desks at almost every other port. I’m assuming this was likely due to the Whiskey/Whisky-heavy ports in the itinerary " 

Hi There,

We are Canadian and concerned about this.. where are you from?.     I called Princess and receive an email that a passport should not be taken.    Any idea why?

On 7/2/2018 at 7:58 PM, MrsEmmaPeel said:

Next... Guernsey