can i have flowers delivered to a ship?

larasmom

my mom and dad are sailing on the carnival liberty on january 15th......which happens to be my mom's 65th birthday.

i wanted to know if i am allowed to have flowers delivered to the ship or do i have to order them thru carnival?

i can get 3 dozen roses that come in a vase from somewhere for $30 where carnival wants $50 for 2 dozen roses.

Due to the tightened security following 9/11, I would suspect that it would be highly unlikely that Carnival would allow an outside florist to make a delivery to the ship. Even if they allowed it, I would bet that things could get messed up getting them through security. Carnival had beautiful----and I mean gorgeous---flowers available onboard the Valor when we sailed recently. I imagine that the source is the same for those ordered by friends and family for delivery to passengers. I think it was mostly roses....but as I said, they were very, very nice.

If you want to make sure that your mom gets something nice, I would go with getting them through Carnival. You can get her cabin decorated for a small fee, too, I think.

Hope that helps.

"Scout" aka Carol

my mistake it was $48 for one dozen. i did contact carnival and they told me due to security reasons i have to use them. i was going to have mom's room decorated as well but cannot swing the extra money. oh well. i hope she will enjoy the roses.

I don't understand the difference between a florist delivering flowers and a gift shop delivering a bon voyage gift basket....and that's allowed. :confused:

I don't understand either. There are indeed companies out there that deliver specifically to Carnival ships... wellwishers being one, I KNOW they deliver gift baskets, and I could have sworn they delivered flowers.

OP, did you talk to a PVP?? That could explain it ;) You might want to try calling wellwishers or one of the online companies and check with them... they do it every day, they will know much more than the people answering the phones at Carnival :D

If you have flowers delivered Carnival makes no money.

If you buy the flowers on board Carnival makes money.

Well, duh, I know THAT.:rolleyes:

I'm saying that Carnival allows gift baskets to be delivered by outside companies - even though Carnival sells Bon Voyage gift baskets. So - what's the difference in flowers or gift baskets?

They lose money either way, so why differentiate?

My cousin had a bon voyage bouquet delivered to the Paradise (in Miami) for our cruise in 2002. She said she just called her local florist (in a small Illinois town) and ordered the flowers. The huge bouquet was waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded. Anyway...this just shows it has been done post 911.

I just looked at Wellwisher's website, and they make Carnival's prices look like a bargain! But in their defense, they do have some beautiful fruit baskets. Price is just a bit too rich for my blood. I know, you are paying for the convenience, and I am sure that is more than worth it to some. I just can't afford to be that convenient right now! ;)

Archived