Caribbean itinerary recommendation

WifeynMe

Certainly understand your preference but if you think about it, having an upgraded Fantasy class ship do that route probably does make sense simply because it's so very port intensive.

Personally, I wish Carnival would add an alternate route to Fascination's itinerary. Maybe a loop that gets down to the ABCs. Let me add that we've done 3 San Juan sailings (2 Carnival) in total. Probably our favorite departure port.

Thank you. Food for thought

There are 4 options I found with a Barbados stop that may interest you. The shortest is a 7 day on the Freedom of the Seas (2006, refurb 2015 160K tons) out of San Juan, of course it hits 5 ports and only 1 sea day. Another similar option out of San Juan is on the Celebrity Summit (refurb 2016 91K tons). Longer options out of Miami would be 10 days on the Norwegian Jade (2006 93K tons) or 11 days on the Celebrity Equinox (2009 122K tons).

The best bet in that region without Barbados would be a 9 day on the Equinox visiting Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Key West and 4 sea days.

Thank you for the suggestions. We've sailed Carnival and Norwegian and liked them both, lean more towards Carnival because of the comedy club. Though RCCL and Celebrity sound interesting also.

Because of your parents ... but there would also be enough to suit you.

Thank you, The wife and I are pretty easy going when it comes to things to do. While I know they would appreciate that we took them on a cruise, I just want to make sure her parents have a good time too.

We have traveled with another couple who were close friends and we all agreed in the beginning, we don't have to spend every minute together. We are more adventurers and like diving, snorkeling, zip lines, and some chill beach time. Our friend is not a big sun person, fair skinned redhead. She prefers cultural and educational trips. We would meet back at the ship for happy hour. We all had a great time.