What excursions to book?

My husband and I have booked the Celebrity Eclipse Western Mediterranean 12 day Cruise in October. I am feeling overwhelmed with all the excursion choices for our first time visit to Europe. My original mindset was to book every port that offered an excursion but now I am rethinking this as we could become very exhausted and have little chance to relax and enjoy the ship. Any advise on what ports to book excursions and what ports to skip or just visit on our own. The ports are Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Gibralter, Malaga, Provence, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples. All advise greatly appreciated.

My husband and I have booked the Celebrity Eclipse Western Mediterranean 12 day Cruise in October. I am feeling overwhelmed with all the excursion choices for our first time visit to Europe. My original mindset was to book every port that offered an excursion but now I am rethinking this as we could become very exhausted and have little chance to relax and enjoy the ship. Any advise on what ports to book excursions and what ports to skip or just visit on our own. The ports are Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Gibralter, Malaga, Provence, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples. All advise greatly appreciated.

That's a fantastic if potentially exhausting itinerary. From several Med cruises I made short videos of what we did (on our own) in Barca, Gibraltar, Marseille, Nice, Florence, Rome and Naples. In case it's any help with your planning, they can be found from the appropriate playlist in my 'signature' below. All the best, Tony

Also check your Rollcall. It can be somebody on your cruise had made arrangments for private tours which you can join.